PDA

View Full Version : 64 Convertible on EBAY for $735 ? ? ? ? ?

sals54
09-21-2013, 10:01 AM
With a day and a half left, this 64 Convertible is only at $735 ??? That does not seem right, even for a project car. What gives???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-STUDEBAKER-DAYTONA-CONVERTIBLE-BARN-FIND-RAT-ROD-STREET-ROD-PROJECT-/261287790547?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cd5f747d3#ht_500wt_1182

Bob Andrews
09-21-2013, 10:15 AM
I looked at that car several times over the week. I don't mind other rust, but the cowl and a pillars look really bad on it. Still worth saving if it's what you really want and you've got room for it. Preparing for a move means I don't need another corpse sitting around. But even with that bad cowl, it's not a bad deal.

Of course, since I have a rust free floor pan and cowl I've been saving, it is tempting….

qsanford
09-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I think someone has a high bid on it. I have nibbled at it a few times and was immediately outbid. I did find out it has a 289 engine currently in it.

qsanford
09-21-2013, 11:13 PM
I asked about the trunk lid trim and the diecast belt line mouldings. All were missing when he got the car.

JimC
09-21-2013, 11:49 PM
I wonder if this was the one that recently got purchased from a local chapter member. The description matches the pics. He had a rusted out Convertible full of NOS parts, still in their wrappings. Seats, console, the works. It was a steal of a deal. If I had been a couple days earlier, I'd have it in my garage.

The wife gave me the nod to buy a convertible next time I get the itch for a Studebaker project. Now it's just a matter of finding the right car for the right price in the right place. This one is beyond my expectations on the second one of those, but nowhere near correct for the first and the third.