PDA

View Full Version : John Erb remaking Lionel Stone items

Dan White
09-18-2013, 10:56 AM
I have read odds and ends on the future of getting any of the Lionel Stone cast aluminum items. What is the status from those in the know? Is JE not going ahead even though he bought or acquired or whatever the patterns and tooling? I know the my last discussion with T-bow was that he was waiting and waiting for more R3/R2/R1 type aluminum manifolds, that was at last years National meet.

studebaker-R2-4-me
09-18-2013, 11:20 AM
I have read odds and ends on the future of getting any of the Lionel Stone cast aluminum items. What is the status from those in the know? Is JE not going ahead even though he bought or acquired or whatever the patterns and tooling? I know the my last discussion with T-bow was that he was waiting and waiting for more R3/R2/R1 type aluminum manifolds, that was at last years National meet.

Why not get it right from the horses mouth Dan? Call John Erb and ask him. His information is available, he is very approachable and nice to talk to.

http://vs57.y-block.info/vendors.htm

Allen

Dan White
09-18-2013, 11:25 AM
OK, i did send him a email last year and did not get a response. I do not know him personally but would be glad to give him a call.

41 Frank
09-18-2013, 12:10 PM
John Erb has gone strictly wholesale to vendors only from the info I have. We received this info from him at the AZ. International meet.

unclemiltie
09-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Is Howard's parts one of the vendors carrying his parts??

SN-60
09-18-2013, 04:18 PM
If Erb can pump these parts out to the vendors....that sounds good to Me. I know Dave has some of the manifolds He sells cast locally right here in Mass.

41 Frank
09-18-2013, 04:31 PM
While we can get stuff from him Milton we do not stock his stuff.

Is Howard's parts one of the vendors carrying his parts??

Mike Van Veghten
09-18-2013, 06:17 PM
I know a guy that also knows John E. well.

He's told me a coupla times that "John will be making much of Lionals stuff for sale, along with an updated cylinder head..............but don't hold your breath as to when."

So...as many of you, I just keep breathing normally and hope...for someday comes soon.

Mike