55 Champion in Illinois, I'd like to hear your opinions about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Champion in Illinois, I'd like to hear your opinions about it

Imagine that, Another Stude right here in my home town and I've never seen it before. and it's for sale! I talked to the guy Kevin is his name, he's asking way too much for it, but as I was walking away he said he'd take $10000 for it, he really wants to sell it, so I'm guessing he'd take less. it is a nice looking car, runs pretty good, I didn't drive it. the new paint is good, the prep work was a little lacking. the interior looks nice but the quality may be questionable. if I wasn't looking for a V-8 car I'd be very interested. here are some pics I took with my phone, https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...PtT3zKU0JLrhT4 IF you're interested call KEVIN at 309-937-5242 thanks Scott
    Not studes right now

Too many doors,and not enough cylinders. Nice looking car though.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I'd rather have Kelli's '53...
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

It all depends what you want and like. 4 door cars do not move very quickly especially those in the mid 1950's, if that is what you want, then I say go for it. If you think you may want to resell later you should understand that you may be waiting a long time for a buyer to come along. The six cylinder models move even slower. I cannot see the pictures as clear as I would like but the one of the trunk indicates to me there may be rust repairs in the car so I would check it over real closely to make sure there is not a lot of bondo in it. V8 models are more drivable as the six is moving a lot of body with that car.
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I like the '55 Champs! They were 'more car' than the comparable '53's, If all the chrome work were done, the value of this car may be 10K+, but it all needs doing, and that will set the buyer back thousands.

Comment

yea, I'm not thinking about buying this car, I'm looking for a Lark with a V-8 and OD. I just thought I'd put it out there for you guys. and being new to this old Stude thing I wanted to compare my notes to the pros.
            Not studes right now

Comment

I sold this 55 Champion for 6k. Looks in similar condition than the yellow one you are looking at.

If you can get it for that or less you will probably be OK if you ever decide to sell it.

I think the seller is dreaming at $10k (and hallucinating at $22,500 )
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                I like the '55 Champs! They were 'more car' than the comparable '53's, If all the chrome work were done, the value of this car may be 10K+, but it all needs doing, and that will set the buyer back thousands.
                I just decided I like the looks of the '55 4-dr sedans better than the '53-'54's. Not so for the C and K models.
                sigpic
                Jack, in Montana

Comment

Originally posted by jnfweber View Post
                  I just decided I like the looks of the '55 4-dr sedans better than the '53-'54's. Not so for the C and K models.
                  After seeing the one that Steinkamp used to own.....who would ever disagree with You?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    After seeing the one that Steinkamp used to own.....
                    ...and Bob Peterson before me.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

And how many more after you Dick?? but is was a nice running driving car for a 6 cyl. with auto. it would have a hard time spinning the wheels on grease rack.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

The -55 Ultra Vista 4-door are just so COOL ! ! !
                        (I didn't have a clue until I went to look at mine the first time)
                        "To many doors"??? ...yeah, on a coupe maby.

Comment

4 doors are a fact of life I can live with. I actually prefer a 64 Cruiser over any Stude other than a Hawk/Avanti for that year. Xcepting the convertible which even then might come down to the flip of a coin if I was faced with a real life decision. Some folks can spiff up a 4 dr rendering it very easy to look at and I've seen other examples that sorta give a 4 dr. a bad name. There is a fine line between stodgy and stately. 4 doors ain't stepchildren to everybody. cheers jimmijim
                          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                            I sold this 55 Champion for 6k. Looks in similar condition than the yellow one you are looking at.

If you can get it for that or less you will probably be OK if you ever decide to sell it.

I think the seller is dreaming at $10k (and hallucinating at $22,500 )
                            I thought so too, this blue car is much nicer from what I can see, the front bumper and all the front chrome is badly pitted on the yellow car. the owner of the yellow car told me " I think I paid to much for this car"
                            Not studes right now

Comment

I couldn't see the pictures from skydrive, can you show them here?
                              Please...?

Comment

Working...
                              X