Couple custom Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple custom Studebakers

From the Adirondack Nationals in Lake George, NY last weekend (favorite vacation spot in NY plus huge car happening= Heaven on Earth )

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm having a love/hate passionate reaction to both of these cars. And I'm not really sure what I don't like about the red one. There is so much to love in that one.
    sals54

Comment

I think the orange one works...but without the skirting below the rocker panels.

The red one is a mixed metaphor. Loose the blower and install a hood. Get rid of the deep dish spokes and put some nice steelies in their place and it all ties together as a 50's mild custom.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I wasn't sure what I thought about the red one at first. I didn't take a picture of the rear, but the taillights were frenched into extended quarter panels, which I didn't care for. But looking at it closer, I was very impressed with the workmanship. Below is a shot of the dash and shifter, which I thought was superb. The next day I happened to be looking at it again when the owner happened by and started it up. It sounded perfect to my ear- nice growl, but not too loud, decent idle, and the quietest blower I've ever seen- almost no whine. I ended up as a fan of the car.

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I see what you mean Bob that console is really nice, don't care much for the headlights and grill.
          Think the wheels are just ok but not the wide whites.
          The tires look kind of sucked in by the wheels especially in the front. Could just be the pic. though.

Dean.

Ps, Just me being picky. (Is picky contagious?)

Comment

I'll have the red one any day & not touch a thing!
            Hemi, aaahhh... couldn't be better!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              I wasn't sure what I thought about the red one at first. I didn't take a picture of the rear, but the taillights were frenched into extended quarter panels, which I didn't care for. But looking at it closer, I was very impressed with the workmanship. Below is a shot of the dash and shifter, which I thought was superb. The next day I happened to be looking at it again when the owner happened by and started it up. It sounded perfect to my ear- nice growl, but not too loud, decent idle, and the quietest blower I've ever seen- almost no whine. I ended up as a fan of the car.

I would kill good people to have that in my car. That is just so awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                The red one is a mixed metaphor. Loose the blower and install a hood.
                The attraction of C/K Studes is their timeless external styling. Few attempts to radically improve on the Bible succeed. Even the Hawks look like an undertaker's car compared to the 53-55 variations as evidenced by the value and interest in surviving early C/K models. Studebaker themselves didn't succeed in improving the looks with later model years!

As for the red one, the interior is awesome! And, the exterior look has a flow to it that looks young and fast Studebaker or not. The Blower belongs in a dragster not in an otherwise sleek street machine. It truly is a mixed metaphor doing justice to neither.

Comment

Working...
                X