Its the Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its the Journey

About 20 miles in to a 200 ish mile trip and I remember why I drive old cars and trucks. Im not in a race, I left myself plenty of time on the front end and back for issues and I'm driving 60-70...

The thumbs up... The scenery... The casual and relaxed feeling is just fantastic!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130911_095422.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1740496

If we could just bottle that feeling and sell it we'd be rich!
    I know what you mean. I am so much more relaxed when driving my Studebakers. If I am in a hurry I drive something else.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Oooh, for a moment I thought you had turned over.
      Glad your trip is enjoyable.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. There's this contented feeling as you cruise down the road. I honestly don't remember the last time I had my radio in the car turned on. The sound of the car is a much sweeter music to my ears

Today I took my son to a block party, and got another reminder of why I have learned to pad a few extra minutes onto any drive in the Lark. At the end of the night as people were leaving the parking lot of the church that hosted the party, one of the parking lot attendants came up to my car as i was waiting to exit, and started talking with me about the car. I felt a little bad for the other attendant who had to start diverting traffic around us as we had our mini-conversation, but it was fun to hear the guy talking like an awestruck little kid over my car, and to get to share a little bit of its history with him.

I've said it before, but there's just an essence to these old cars. It's almost a soul, if you will. You just can't get that from a modern vehicle.
        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I totally agree with all the above comments. There is no feeling like cruising down the road in your old car. It takes me longer to get there in the Champion, but it gives me more time to enjoy the ride!

Dave Bonn
          '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Had a great trip yesterday!

Truck ran well, AC stayed cold, thermostate stayed 160-180, lots of pictures being taken and 210 miles traveled.

Only problem was I lost a hub cap but I've been shopping for 4 new ones anyways so now I have an excuse

Comment

Working...
            X