PDA

View Full Version : Avanti style side mount blower brackets on EBay

nels
09-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I just noticed that my nephew has listed his stude side mount blower bracket setup that he had on his 64 Daytona. It's a pretty nice setup using a serpentine belt instead of the two v belts. He designed it so there was no need to move the Lark radiator forward as you would need to do for the regular Avanti side mount brackets. It looks real nice under the hood. Really looks factory with the exception of the v belt and spring loaded idler.

Bordeaux Daytona
09-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Is this it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-Supercharger-Mounting-Bracket-10-Rib-Serpentine-Belt-Pulleys-/221280932371?vxp=mtr#ht_620wt_1395

GThawkwind
09-10-2013, 09:02 PM
For a few seconds I had sticker shock, but then when you think about how spendy the stock stuff gets. And really if you found say a SN92 or other newer SC it wouldn't be that spendy to supercharge a stude. Wasn't Tex looking for something like this for the Saturday night special?

nels
09-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Is this it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-Supercharger-Mounting-Bracket-10-Rib-Serpentine-Belt-Pulleys-/221280932371?vxp=mtr#ht_620wt_1395

That's it. Looking under the hood the setup looks real good. As he says, the belt doesn't slip.

SilverHawkDan
09-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Nels,
Can you please ask your nephew what crank pulley did he use? What did it come off of. I am currently working on a similar set up and knowing what pulley to use would make my life much easier. I already have the custom mounting plate and belt tensioner and idler. Thanks for posting.
Dan

Bob Andrews
09-11-2013, 05:10 AM
Wow, how did I not know Dan was your nephew?? Small world, right? :o

Dan is a brilliant fabricator and machinist. All his stuff is eye candy. Whatever one buys from him is top quality. Buy with confidence.

nels
09-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Nels,
Can you please ask your nephew what crank pulley did he use? What did it come off of. I am currently working on a similar set up and knowing what pulley to use would make my life much easier. I already have the custom mounting plate and belt tensioner and idler. Thanks for posting.
Dan

Dan, I'll ask him about that but I think he had to modify an existing unit. I know he machined a pilot and the other holes in the mounting diameter.

SilverHawkDan
09-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Nels,
That's OK I knew I would have to redrill the holes but it's the basic spacing I am looking for. I can fab a hub to space the pulley once I have one that is close. Looks like he already found one that was close enough to work.

PackardV8
09-14-2013, 10:59 AM
First, I like the new design brackets and pulleys a lot. Very professionally done and they solve the inherent problem of V-belt slippage.

However, when I was discussing it with a local race car builder, he said, "Why stop with the belts and pulleys? The Paxton is a WWII design, was always fragile and is seriously outdated. If I were going with new brackets and pulleys, there'd be a new Novi, Vortech or Procharger hanging on them."

jack vines

nels
09-14-2013, 11:34 PM
First, I like the new design brackets and pulleys a lot. Very professionally done and they solve the inherent problem of V-belt slippage.

However, when I was discussing it with a local race car builder, he said, "Why stop with the belts and pulleys? The Paxton is a WWII design, was always fragile and is seriously outdated. If I were going with new brackets and pulleys, there'd be a new Novi, Vortech or Procharger hanging on them."

jack vines

I know what you mean, Jack. I think Dan was looking for the stock look but wouldn't doubt if he also builds a bracket to accommodate a later blower. Just give him a little time. Haha

PackardV8
09-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Thinking about

was looking for the stock look

flashed back to an overheard comment at the IM, "Stock? It's a yes or no! Restomod, mostly stock, upgraded, base-coat-clear-coat, whatever . . . that's like being a little bit pregnant."

So for some a Paxton driven by a multi-ribbed belt is "stock look" but for quite a few of the old guard, it isn't.

jack vines, who's modified every Stude he's ever owned. And who just bought a Paxton, even knowing better.

nels
09-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Thinking about

flashed back to an overheard comment at the IM, "Stock? It's a yes or no! Restomod, mostly stock, upgraded, base-coat-clear-coat, whatever . . . that's like being a little bit pregnant."

So for some a Paxton driven by a multi-ribbed belt is "stock look" but for quite a few of the old guard, it isn't.

jack vines, who's modified every Stude he's ever owned. And who just bought a Paxton, even knowing better.

Guess I should have said...looking for more of a stock look?