Manual window regulator needed - Driver's door '63 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Manual window regulator needed - Driver's door '63 Avanti

I need a window regulator for a roll up (non power) window on the driver's side of a '63 Avanti. Will a regulator from anything else fit? If there isn't a MAJOR price difference, I would prefer a new to a used, but I could be very happy with a good used one.
    PM me or email at brngarage@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
    I need a window regulator for a roll up (non power) window on the driver's side of a '63 Avanti. Will a regulator from anything else fit? If there isn't a MAJOR price difference, I would prefer a new to a used, but I could be very happy with a good used one.
    PM me or email at brngarage@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
    What's the problem with the old one?

Comment

Can't roll the window up or down. I have to "help" it either way and it feels like it is "skipping teeth" as I go either direction. Thanks.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

If it is the pinion, sounds like it may be, replace it with one from most any other regulator. If it is the sector, build it up with braze and do a final finish of the teeth with a file or grinder.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          If it is the pinion, sounds like it may be, replace it with one from most any other regulator. If it is the sector, build it up with braze and do a final finish of the teeth with a file or grinder.
          Yes, these regulators are quite rare...and as Gary said, they can be repaired with some good old ingenuity. (and a few good used parts!)

Comment

Working...
          X