Paint Scheme opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Scheme opinions

I'm starting to plan for engine paint. The engine will be coming out in the next few days. 1955 President 259. I'm thinking about OLDS Gold for VC, AC, and Oil Cap. Intake Man Black, and everything else Dark Ford blue. What do you think? I know these are not the right colors. Just looking for opinions and suggestions maybe a picture of yours.
    We've pretty much settled on Midnight Blue for the roof and trunk Creamy white for the rest. Again suggestions and pictures would be great.
    You guys and gals are the GREATEST!!!
    Barry

The colors that You're thinking of using sound good, and are actually fairly close to original. Think I'd go blue on the intake also. And the Olds Gold on the air cleaner if You're going with the stock one.

Comment

The 2bbl Bearcat intake was Alberta Blue (like Ford Blue). The 4bbl Passmaster intake was black. The 4 bbl oil bath was gold. Sounds like fun. Good luck.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I think Olds gold is THE color to use on engines. Looks great! (especially with aluminum heads!)
        Attached Files

Comment

If you want suggestions, paint things the color the factory painted them. The color designers knew what they were doing, what was currently popular when the car was built, and what colors harmonized with other colors. There is a full palette of colors for the exterior of any year. The under the hood colors that the factory used are the colors that look "right" for that particular car.

Of course it is your car and you can do anything you want, but it you want it to look good to the trained eye and not just to the great unwashed masses, then go with the options the factory used.

resale value will be increased as well, if you go with factory colors.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

[QUOTE=warrlaw1; The 4bbl Passmaster intake was black.

I don't think so Dave!

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
              If you want suggestions, paint things the color the factory painted them. The color designers knew what they were doing, what was currently popular when the car was built, and what colors harmonized with other colors. There is a full palette of colors for the exterior of any year. The under the hood colors that the factory used are the colors that look "right" for that particular car.

Of course it is your car and you can do anything you want, but it you want it to look good to the trained eye and not just to the great unwashed masses, then go with the options the factory used.

resale value will be increased as well, if you go with factory colors.
              Can you tell me what color the gold is on my Air Cleaner,Valve covers and oil fill cap. I'd like to stay with the original colors. Nothing is yellow on the engine

Thanks a lot. Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Michelles Pops View Post
                I'm starting to plan for engine paint. The engine will be coming out in the next few days. 1955 President 259. I'm thinking about OLDS Gold for VC, AC, and Oil Cap. Intake Man Black, and everything else Dark Ford blue. What do you think? I know these are not the right colors. Just looking for opinions and suggestions maybe a picture of yours.
                We've pretty much settled on Midnight Blue for the roof and trunk Creamy white for the rest. Again suggestions and pictures would be great.
                You guys and gals are the GREATEST!!!
                Barry
                Olds gold and black.
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Looks Great Jerry

Comment

[QUOTE=SN-60;776521][QUOTE=warrlaw1; The 4bbl Passmaster intake was black.
                    I don't think so Dave![/QUOTE]

Silver on '55 Commander, Gold on '55 President South Bend Cars, Canadian, who knows!
                    Black on '56 to '66.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Old Gold and Black? Go Boilermakers!

Mark L
                      Mark L

Comment

Working...
                      X