1956-1958 Hot Rod Wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956-1958 Hot Rod Wagons

Have any pictures of a hot rod wagon (1956-1958), post it here...
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Not mine, but a picture of one I REALLLLLY like. Not exactly the right year, but.....
    Last edited by sals54; 09-04-2013, 06:50 PM.
    sals54

Comment

And here is what I hope to be my future Wagon Hot Rod. I'm still working on the 62 Convert and now have a 69 Grand Prix I need to flip. So this one will probably wait till next year.
      sals54

Comment

And here's the spilled milk I've been cryin about for the last couple of years. Again, I know, not the right year, but, hey ! ! ! ! All Stude Wagons are soooo cool, I can't resist showin em off. This one I sold, then have missed it more than any other car I've ever sold. I'm still a bit weepy every time I look at the pix. You can see why, right???

And that's all I'll do for now.
        sals54

Comment

I love the wagons. I really like that '54...
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Here's one I had to let go:

'Sure wish I could keep 'em all.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

That 57 looks waaay kooool. I dig the paint and the entire presentation. I've been thinking of going Ch*vy power on my 56 also, just to make it more marketable to the masses. They're still a bit skeered of original Stude power. How did the sale of your 57 go?? Did you get a good return on it?? (I'm not fishing for a number, just wondering if the return was worth the effort)
              sals54

Comment

Would a Packard V8 bolt in there? I would think a 352 would almost fit like a glove.
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

'55 Conestoga with '54 Front Clip

Here is a REALLY nice one for ya:
                  This Connie was built right here a mile and half from my place, by Larry's Street Rods in Ferndale, WA
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1683502 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0091.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	1683503 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1683504 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1683505

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0115.jpg
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1683506 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.jpg
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	1683507 Way better than a stock '55!

Sorry about the requestor's '56 to '58 thing, but where or when have you ever seen a Hot Rod '56 Wagon?
                  Those few '57 & '58's are about all I have ever seen, there really are not that many.
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 09-05-2013, 09:24 AM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I like that color combination on that one Rich. I really think a '50's car should have two-tone paint.
                    Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I know Packard V8's will bolt into C/K cars. What about sedans and wagons?
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I stole this '54 Conestoga from the 'Eye Candy' post today...

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                          How did the sale of your 57 go?? Did you get a good return on it?? (I'm not fishing for a number, just wondering if the return was worth the effort)
                          Mine was a '58.

I came out OK on the deal. Actually, my only disappointment was that I didn't get to play with it longer before it sold.

As it happened, a dealer friend of mine made me a reasonable offer, so I "wholesaled" to him. That saved me from painting it, and spending too much on it. And it elimated dealing with eBay, tire kickers, and malcontents.

He sold it in about a week, and it showed up on Craigslist about a month later. It's no longer there, so I assume it sold again.

Too bad a forum member didn't inquire, they could have made a good deal.

I don't know what my friend got for the car, or what it sold for on Craig'slist, but I 'spect it had to be approaching the 10K mark. For what it was, all that had been done to it, that would be a fair price if a fellow wanted to keep it and love it as his very own.
                          sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

Love the look, but the one deal breaker for me on hotrod wagons is interior resonance/road noise. It took more work with sound deadening material to make it habitable than any other car/truck I've ever built. A local Stude guy built a Lark 2-door wagon with a stock Chevy V6, so it wasn't engine noise, but he just couldn't stand the interior noise and sold it.

jack vines
                            PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60
                              Not without severely chopping the car up.....To accomplish?????????????
                              Why would you have to severely chop the car up for a Packard engine? If these cars will accept a big block Chrysler or Chevy or even a 50's Hemi, what makes a Packard so much bigger? I would think sedans and wagons would have a larger engine compartment than a C/K...
                              Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Working...
                              X