Champion vs Commander Clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Champion vs Commander Clocks

Can anyone tell me if the clock used in the 47, 48 and 49 Commander has the same size circumference as the one used in the 48 Champion ??? I have a 48 Champion Convertible that has the appropriate "space filler" there and would like to add a clock. From the pictures I've seen of the clocks it seems that the only difference is in the surrounding chrome ring.

Thanks,

JRC

"The only difference being the outer ring" is also my understanding, the outer ring is actually part of the clock which can be removed by bending the tabs. I have both clocks in NOS boxes and I cannot see anything else different ( but I have missed differences on other items in the past)
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by JRC View Post
      Can anyone tell me if the clock used in the 47, 48 and 49 Commander has the same size circumference as the one used in the 48 Champion ??? I have a 48 Champion Convertible that has the appropriate "space filler" there and would like to add a clock. From the pictures I've seen of the clocks it seems that the only difference is in the surrounding chrome ring.

Thanks,

JRC
      I would like to add a clock too, but have you found one for sale less than $500? I keep seeing the same ones up for sale on ebay but nobody's biting. I guess they don't really want to sell them...
      sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
      Regal Deluxe Trim
      Automatic transmission
      46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Please forgive the shameless promotion; I have 2 AC-1604 NOS (in the box) 1948 Champion clocks that would be better served installed in someone's car than sitting in the basement. I also show having 1 NOS AC-1880 1950 Commander clock and can check to see if it's still there. Will consider offers well below the stupid eBay price noted above. Can email photos if interested, please send a PM. SDC member since 1974.
        Dan Peterson
        Montpelier, VT
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
          Please forgive the shameless promotion; I have 2 AC-1604 NOS (in the box) 1948 Champion clocks that would be better served installed in someone's car than sitting in the basement. I also show having 1 NOS AC-1880 1950 Commander clock and can check to see if it's still there. Will consider offers well below the stupid eBay price noted above. Can email photos if interested, please send a PM. SDC member since 1974.
          First of all I'd like to thank unclemiltie, deco_droid and dpson for for their quick responses. Dan (dpson), I am on the West Coast right now so with the time difference I will try to reach you tomorrow...
          Thank you,
          JRC

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
            PM sent...thanks much.
            sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
            Regal Deluxe Trim
            Automatic transmission
            46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

IIRC, the clocks for 1947 to 1949 Champions appear to be identical, but are not interchangeable as the mounting points are different. When I tried to install a 1948 clock in my 1947 Champion, I could not find a way to make it fit.
              Bill Jarvis

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstude View Post
                IIRC, the clocks for 1947 to 1949 Champions appear to be identical, but are not interchangeable as the mounting points are different. When I tried to install a 1948 clock in my 1947 Champion, I could not find a way to make it fit.
                Thanks Greenstude...

Comment

Here's an interesting web site for identification of clocks, radios, dashes, etc.
                  I have sent him pictures of a few he is missing.

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks rockne10, great web site.....

JRC

Comment

I love that web site. Just looking at the various dashes of cars my family and friends had, bring back memories.

Comment

Working...
                      X