• Show
Clear All

• Studebaker-powered hotrod

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1740426

The fellow that built this car shows it at many local shows. I overheard some folks deciding it had an Oldsmobile engine. He fabricated the intake manifold, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1740427
    Last edited by Bob Bryant; 09-03-2013, 11:31 AM. Reason: Posting photos matches mechanical skills!
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Bob, It appears the file is on your local computer. You can post it by clicking on the link above the message block that looks like a picture. If you hold your mouse pointer over it it will say "Insert Image".

Detailed instructions are in the Message at the very top of the forum on How to post pictures etc. Here is a direct link:

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I think Stude powered hot rods are cool! They are different enough that it makes folks look twice, and we all know that it's cool to be different!!!!!

Comment

Pat: Thanks for the heads up on posting photos. This was my second time and of course I forgot everything that worked a few months ago.
        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

That things probably way over carbureted, but it looks cool. Several people were experimenting with ram manifolds that had square tube runners during the Dick Datson Total Performance days.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

The oil filter location ??

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by benaslopoke View Post
              The oil filter location ??

Ben
              Right where it should be on a full flow, on the right rear, down low. Looks like he's running a FRAM filter.

That Stude mill looks even better than a Ford flat-head sittin in there !

Comment

At the Los Angeles Winter Meet, not one but two '30s Fords came with Studebaker power. (Husband and wife if I remember correctly)

Comment

What a cool rod!

I hope that guy scratchin' his head in se second photo ever figured out what it was.
                  '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I love the black/gold! Way cool!

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                      That things probably way over carbureted, but it looks cool. Several people were experimenting with ram manifolds that had square tube runners during the Dick Datson Total Performance days.
                      At full throttle it probably has fuel dripping from the pipes...

Comment

looks like an R-series oil pan with the breather capped off by that gauze filter. Really squeezed those two pipes into the center port, would love to hear the noise it makes.
                        sigpic
                        JohnP, driving & reviving
                        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
                          Pat: Thanks for the heads up on posting photos. This was my second time and of course I forgot everything that worked a few months ago.
                          Glad to help, especially for a chance to see such a cool T bucket.
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Hot rods with something other than a belly button motor in them are cool.

This one has to be my favorite...

Comment

I was at a car show this weekend and a guy had a Model A that he made into a topless roadster. It indeed had a '57 Olds mill with the J-2 setup. His exhaust header construction interested me as the center port was split just the way this Stude was. I did not hear it run.

Comment

Working...
                              X