This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you make a Packard Lark?

Looking at the 1957 Packard for sale I started wondering about how many items from 1957 or 1958 would fit on a 1959-1960 Lark? Would some of the trim or interior stuff fit? That would make an interesting conversation piece.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Yes, alot of things would interchange with ease!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes, alot of things would interchange with ease!

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm sure a lot would interchange as well. But personally, the things that make a Packard, a Packard, can't be duplicated without a lot of work. Like a Cadillac or Lincoln (or Mercedes-Benz for that matter), it's more than trim and a nameplate. Studebaker found this out in the '50's and GM & Ford in more recent times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
        Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
        LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I'm sure a lot would interchange as well. But personally, the things that make a Packard, a Packard, can't be duplicated without a lot of work. Like a Cadillac or Lincoln (or Mercedes-Benz for that matter), it's more than trim and a nameplate. Studebaker found this out in the '50's and GM & Ford in more recent times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
          Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
          LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Have you forgotten the Cimmaron? Now that was an automobile.[)]

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            33 Rockne 10
            51 Commander Starlight
            53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Have you forgotten the Cimmaron? Now that was an automobile.[)]

Brad Johnson
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              33 Rockne 10
              51 Commander Starlight
              53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I just thought it would fun to see a Lark made up with the Packard trimmings. The interior would look pretty neat with a rope rail on the back of the front seat and such. I wasn't thinking so much about the underpinnings.
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I just thought it would fun to see a Lark made up with the Packard trimmings. The interior would look pretty neat with a rope rail on the back of the front seat and such. I wasn't thinking so much about the underpinnings.

Comment

YEAH! Packard scripts here and there and a Packard 352 under the hood!!! OH BABY![][][]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Comment

YEAH! Packard scripts here and there and a Packard 352 under the hood!!! OH BABY![][][]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

Comment

There's a '57 Packard Town sedan with a perfect interior at Big M's in Williams CA. Gee, being that the tail lights were tack-ons maybe they could be adapted to the rear of the Lark as well...

Lotsa Larks!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

There's a '57 Packard Town sedan with a perfect interior at Big M's in Williams CA. Gee, being that the tail lights were tack-ons maybe they could be adapted to the rear of the Lark as well...

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but there is little comparison between the Packards made in South Bend, and the ordinary Studebaker. Just like Gxmc trucks vs their somewhat similar Xhevy counterparts, and U.S. cars compared to European makes, 57-58 Packards were made of a premium alloy of steel, with thicker gauge sheetmetal, machined to much closer tolerances, and hand-assembled by experienced craftsmen who loved their trade. Some of the parts may LOOK similar, but they are just not the same. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Not Really. Just made this up!

Comment

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but there is little comparison between the Packards made in South Bend, and the ordinary Studebaker. Just like Gxmc trucks vs their somewhat similar Xhevy counterparts, and U.S. cars compared to European makes, 57-58 Packards were made of a premium alloy of steel, with thicker gauge sheetmetal, machined to much closer tolerances, and hand-assembled by experienced craftsmen who loved their trade. Some of the parts may LOOK similar, but they are just not the same. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Not Really. Just made this up!

Comment

Working...
                              X