51 pickup items on the fire wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 pickup items on the fire wall

I now have the 1951 cab anchored to the frame and have started installing the wire harness. Looked at both manuals and found nothing as to where items mount on the firewall. Yes, I could sort & sift...but one good picture would make it a lot easier. Does anyone have a picture or drawing of how it is supposed to be? I have a title and ID tags that states 1951 however I know the hood and grill is 1956 (I think). The system is 12 volt but there are no resistors or devises which would indicate it was converted from 6 volt...easy enough to have just changed everything over from a donor truck I suppose. Any help would be welcome.
    Ray Stewart SDC
    51 pick-up
    57 silver hawk
    62 lark

Ray,
    Go over to the Studebaker Truck Talk site. Do a search for an underhood pic and you should find something. Many truck guys there with mucho knowledge to help as well.

Bish
    sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
    1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
    1959 4E2 4spd, TT
    1963 8E28 GSA order
    1963 8E5 SOLD!
    1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Not much on the firewall Ray but here's a couple of shots of my 1949 2R15 when I had the engine out.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	firewall.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1683420

Click image for larger version

Name:	firewall1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1683421
      Rick
      Kingman, AZ

Comment

I see you have installed a butter dish or the likes.....I need to get one of those for mine<g> all kiddin aside , nice shots !
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Those whipped creme and margarine tubs make great places to store all the nuts and bolts, etc. that are removed during the rebuilding process. Keeps everything that goes together in the same tub. Plus they all have lids! Perfect solution for CASO's and us old farts whose memories don't work so good anymore.
          Rick
          Kingman, AZ

Comment

Working...
          X