Studes In The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studes In The Movies

Saw a preview of an upcoming new movie, Nelson Mandela. The preview had a parked white '64 or '65 Cruiser (only the front was showing) and what appeared to be a GT Hawk, only a right rear quarter panel was visible, as it drove away in a crowd.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3620058.html

at 1:34 minutes on the bridge
    sigpic

Comment

Since you brought up Studebakers in the movies, here's one for ya...

When I was 16 years old I got a part in a Disney movie called Follow Me Boys, with Fred MacMurray and Kurt Russell. In the opening of the movie there is an old bus that the band Fred (Lem) plays saxaphone in is riding in. I never realized it until more recently that it was a Studebaker bus.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1683405
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Saw a '57 or '58 Golden Hawk on "Masters of Sex" last night.
        peter lee

Comment

So...you're saying you watched "Masters of Sex" just to see the cars?
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
            Since you brought up Studebakers in the movies, here's one for ya...

When I was 16 years old I got a part in a Disney movie called Follow Me Boys, with Fred MacMurray and Kurt Russell. In the opening of the movie there is an old bus that the band Fred (Lem) plays saxaphone in is riding in. I never realized it until more recently that it was a Studebaker bus.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]26966[/ATTACH]
            Lots more movies where Studebakers appeared here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-In-The-Movies

Craig

Comment

There's sex on that show? Why wasn't I informed?
              peter lee

Comment

Saw a '53 or 4 sedan on "Masters of Sex" last night.
                peter lee

Comment

While watching "Killing Kennedy" on Nat Geo I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a yellow Lark taxi.
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Can't remember the name of it off hand, but there is one of those "Teen Hotrodder" movies from the early 50s. I think it was put out by Hotrod magazine, the SCTA and police about driving safely and taking your Hotrod to the track.
                    The new kid is wreckless and arrogant.
                    Thinks his black 32 hiboy is the fastest car around.
                    Anyway, he starts acting a fool and gets pulled over by a cop driving a 52 Studebaker cop car.

Comment

Anybody See Killing Kennedy Last night? Check out the Yellow Cab that Oswald rode in...... looks to be 62 or so Lark...

Comment

I assume everyone on this forum knows about the film "It happened to Jane", which probably has more time on camera for a Studebaker than just about any movie. It is a nice little comedy, and if you haven't seen it you can watch it for free on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6mguHauTv0

Then there is a brief appearance of Kirk Douglas driving his 47-48 Commander convert in "My Dear Secretary"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by 48skyliner; 11-11-2013, 09:59 AM.
                        Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
                        See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

What happened to Jane?
                          is that Doris Day and Jack Lemon?
                          he's driving a bullet nose 'vert.

Comment

Had the History Channel on this morning but I wasn't really watching. Some documentary was on about WW II. They were talking about the 'Top Ten Things That Changed The War'. #9 was the Studebaker 2 1/2 ton trucks that the US sent to Russia as part of Roosevelt's 'Lend-Lease' program. Seems we sent MANY thousands of them to Russia during WW II. It also said they were powered by Hercules Engines and they were able to go about anywhere and were very versatile and couldn't hardly be killed. It mentioned them being built by Studebaker in South Bend, Indiana. I guess I must have paid a little more attention than I thought after the mentioned Studebaker!

Comment

Not really a movie but it was on TV.

Was watching "10 Things You Don't Know About" episode 2, "The white House"

When major renovations were being done and it was gutted there is a photo of a Studebaker truck inside the White House at 7min 43sec. Must be a 49-52 as that is the time of renovations. Hard to find that image online but it is in a book.

Comment

Working...
                              X