Dealer Service Plaques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Service Plaques

Was reading the March 1960 Studebaker News and saw the article on the inside back cover where 4 dealers received the service plaques 15,20,25 & 40 years.

Has anyone seen one of these? Just that of all the memorabilia offered on Ebay, I've never seen one of these listed, and there must have been many made over the years?

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

You need to read the August 1998 Turning Wheels pages 40-41-42. I have a few dozen of them.

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

You need to read the August 1998 Turning Wheels pages 40-41-42. I have a few dozen of them.

Richard Quinn
      editor: Antique Studebaker Review
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks Richard but I don't have the collection of TWs that you have. Good to know they're still about.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to "read TW such and such" I'm disposing of mine to our head mechanic and club for space reasons, besides I can't imagine reading them again, nice as they are.

John Clements
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements

Comment

Thanks Richard but I don't have the collection of TWs that you have. Good to know they're still about.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to "read TW such and such" I'm disposing of mine to our head mechanic and club for space reasons, besides I can't imagine reading them again, nice as they are.

John Clements
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements

Comment

John,

I have the 15-year plaque, without frame, from the Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA, my hometown dealer, about three feet away from me now. It is from 1941. The original dealership owner's grandson has the twenty-year plaque, in frame, hanging on his garage wall, and his one granddaughter has what must be the 40-year plaque from 1966, since it has the "Lazy S" logo and "Studebaker" script that was only used from '63 on (it's been a few years since I've seen it; can't remember that it says '40 Years' on it but it must).

They are neat pieces to have, for sure. They do show up on eBay every once in a while. I wish I had a frame for mine.

Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

John Clements
            Lockleys South Australia
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

John,

I have the 15-year plaque, without frame, from the Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA, my hometown dealer, about three feet away from me now. It is from 1941. The original dealership owner's grandson has the twenty-year plaque, in frame, hanging on his garage wall, and his one granddaughter has what must be the 40-year plaque from 1966, since it has the "Lazy S" logo and "Studebaker" script that was only used from '63 on (it's been a few years since I've seen it; can't remember that it says '40 Years' on it but it must).

They are neat pieces to have, for sure. They do show up on eBay every once in a while. I wish I had a frame for mine.

Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

John Clements
              Lockleys South Australia
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Thanks Bill,

Maybe I'll pick one up someday.

John Clements
                Lockleys South Australia
                John Clements

Comment

Thanks Bill,

Maybe I'll pick one up someday.

John Clements
                  Lockleys South Australia
                  John Clements

Comment

John,
                    I have a cataloged library of most all of the Turning Wheels ever printed, and I use and read them.

Whenever I have a question that I want to research about a specific model, or just want to look at the pictures, it's great to have them.

I joined SDC in 1984, have kept every copy, and have bought an old collection from a earlier Studebaker fan to fill in the rest. Ernie Loga sells boxes to neatly house them, and my bookcase is full.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                    53 Starliner Hardtop
                    Newton Grove, NC

Comment

John,
                      I have a cataloged library of most all of the Turning Wheels ever printed, and I use and read them.

Whenever I have a question that I want to research about a specific model, or just want to look at the pictures, it's great to have them.

I joined SDC in 1984, have kept every copy, and have bought an old collection from a earlier Studebaker fan to fill in the rest. Ernie Loga sells boxes to neatly house them, and my bookcase is full.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                      53 Starliner Hardtop
                      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Thanks Bob, but I have an apartment and not much storage room.

John Clements
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        John Clements

Comment

Thanks Bob, but I have an apartment and not much storage room.

John Clements
                          Lockleys South Australia
                          John Clements

Comment

John I have these. If you want one for your collection, I will sell one to you at a reasonable price, but I don't know about shipping.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

John I have these. If you want one for your collection, I will sell one to you at a reasonable price, but I don't know about shipping.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                              X