Studebaker helps another marriage get a good start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker helps another marriage get a good start

Yvonne and I were delighted to support our daughter, Alicia, as she married a wonderful young man, Aaron Baerg, this past Saturday in Saanichton on Vancouver Island.

I was also delighted that the couple asked a few months back if Elsie, my 51 Land Cruiser could also be part of the wedding. This gave me a deadline to get her painted and reassembled for the wedding. As you can see from the photo, I ALMOST got her all together in time. Installing the new side windows, vent wings, window weather-stripping & rubber took about 2 days longer than I expected so I didn't have time to polish and install the SS windshield and rear window trims, gravel guards and rocker trims.

I think both my girls look gorgeous, don't you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1238186_698894523460784_2011928845_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1740361
    \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
    Jim Mann
    Victoria, B.C.
    Canada

They do indeed Jim, congratulations and wishes for a long and happy life together, from all us in Australia.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Awesome photo! Starting your married life with a Studebaker. Talk about getting off to a good start!
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Congratulations and best wishes to a lovely couple.

May I ask where in Saanichton, Jim? I grew up in Roal Oak where my dad was rector of St Michael and All Angels and St Columba Strawberry Vale.

Terry

Comment

Congratulations and best wishes to a lovely couple. Started life together in style!

May I ask where in Saanichton, Jim? I grew up in Roal Oak where my dad was rector of St Michael and All Angels and St Columba Strawberry Vale.

Terry

Comment

Congratulations on both accounts Jim! It would be sure nice to see her at DYSD on Saturday September 14th! I believe we have an outing planned for close to your area.
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
              Congratulations on both accounts Jim! It would be sure nice to see her at DYSD on Saturday September 14th! I believe we have an outing planned for close to your area.
              Hi Mark,
              We are planning to participate on IDYSD. Are the details in the latest club newsletter?

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
              Jim Mann
              Victoria, B.C.
              Canada

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
                Congratulations and best wishes to a lovely couple. Started life together in style!

Terry
                Hi Terry,
                The church was Friendship Community Church at the corner of Mt. Newton X Road and Central Saanich Road. The photo was taken along Central Saanich Road.
                Jim

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                Jim Mann
                Victoria, B.C.
                Canada

Comment

Good looking couple and the car's not bad looking either. Actually, you did a really nice job on the car. The color looks great on the '51 Land Cruiser.
                  Good luck to the happy couple.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                    Good looking couple and the car's not bad looking either. Actually, you did a really nice job on the car. The color looks great on the '51 Land Cruiser.
                    Good luck to the happy couple.
                    Rog
                    Thanks, Rog. I have gotten nothing but compliments on the color. It is a single stage solid color urethane but it really takes on different characteristics depending on the light intensity. The color is very close to the original Comanche Red except a bit more toward a wine red and less of a plum color. I debated for a couple of years whether to go Black Cherry but now I'm glad I didn't. Cheers! Jim

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                    Jim Mann
                    Victoria, B.C.
                    Canada

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMann View Post
                      Yvonne and I were delighted to support our daughter, Alicia, as she married a wonderful young man, Aaron Baerg, this past Saturday in Saanichton on Vancouver Island.

I was also delighted that the couple asked a few months back if Elsie, my 51 Land Cruiser could also be part of the wedding. This gave me a deadline to get her painted and reassembled for the wedding. As you can see from the photo, I ALMOST got her all together in time. Installing the new side windows, vent wings, window weather-stripping & rubber took about 2 days longer than I expected so I didn't have time to polish and install the SS windshield and rear window trims, gravel guards and rocker trims.

I think both my girls look gorgeous, don't you?
                      Gorgeous indeed! I can't think of a better car for transporting a bride and groom (all that room in the back seat).
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

IDYSD

Originally posted by StudeMann View Post
                        Hi Mark,
                        We are planning to participate on IDYSD. Are the details in the latest club newsletter?
                        Details will be in the September VISTA - should be out by the end of the long weekend.
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Wow, they sure went to a lot of trouble to get you to finish that car!
                          sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                          Regal Deluxe Trim
                          Automatic transmission
                          46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Originally posted by deco_droid View Post
                            Wow, they sure went to a lot of trouble to get you to finish that car!
                            LOL! I am grateful for the support my family has given regarding my Studebaker habit. They all love the car and are enjoying being able to actually ride in style once again. Jim

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                            Jim Mann
                            Victoria, B.C.
                            Canada

Comment

Working...
                            X