63 vs 64 Hawk Power Steering Hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: 63 vs 64 Hawk Power Steering Hoses

My 64 Hawk's power steering hoses have started leaking after 50 years, so it's time to replace. My question is: what's the difference from 63 vs 64? They have all different part no.s. Are they not interchangeable? What's the difference? My Hawk originally had no power steering. I took the power steering from a 63 Hawk and installed it on the 64. So do I need to get 63 hoses? Thanks. Dan

No idea what the difference is.....but I would definitely order the '63 hoses!

Comment

The parts book is the shortest way to see (explain) all of the differences. Hose length, Saginaw vs Bendix control valves, different hose lengths, different clamping methods and different routing changed here and there..... In 64, they clamped on of the hoses to the inner fender........

(be sure to use all 63 hoses if the pump and control valve are in fact from a 63)

Be sure all hoses clear things in full right turn, left turn and in between and very carefully check everything.

Comment

see the parts' book. There was a retaining spring and hook attached to the steering gear for keeping the hoses off the exhaust manifold...in 64', I think they were re-routed under and away....if your 63' hoses were fixed that way (hook & spring)...I don't see a problem..

Comment

Working...
        X