Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska to California Interlude....

We had the opportunity to meet up with John and Richard on their
    return trip to California. I had called Johns cell and arranged a meeting for Saturday at the junction of BC highways 97 and 39, seeing as Mackenzie is 22 miles off the main road. Maureen and I arrived a bit early, but we spent the time walking the dog and picking some blueberries. We knew they were on their way, so we decided to drive north hoping to meet them.

Met up with them about 15 miles up the road and introduced ourselves in a gravel pullout.... right in the middle of nowhere!

What a neat experience.... meeting these two gentlemen... a real pleasure!

We chatted for a bit, and took some photos. An older gentleman and his wife stopped to look at the old cars and we got them to take some photographs as well!

We headed for the junction, and as John and Richard stopped to fill up with gas, we mentioned there was a nice restaurant another mile or so up the road. They graciously joined us for lunch, as breakfast had been a long time back for them....

After a lunch and great conversation we parted our ways.... all in all, a great pleasure in meeting these two adventurers!

Cheers!
    Bob and Maureen Hornett
    Mackenzie, BC

'50 Champion Starlight
    '71 Swiss 404 Unimog
    \1941 Buick Touring Sedan Twin Carb
    \'71 Swiss 404 Unimog

Bob,
    Thanks for the post including the pics... Excellent![8D] Are you coming down to Penticton?

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Bob,
      Thanks for the post including the pics... Excellent![8D] Are you coming down to Penticton?

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Nice photos! Great to hear they are doing well. It sounds like they have met, and continue to meet, many different people on their trip.
        Thanks.

Ann

Comment

Nice photos! Great to hear they are doing well. It sounds like they have met, and continue to meet, many different people on their trip.
          Thanks.

Ann

Comment

I'm currently transplanted from my Saskatchewan home to BC on business, but today i'm sure that I saw that pretty tan coupe on the #1 HWY between Hope, BC and Hell's Gate. We were heading in opposite directions, but i'm sure it was them! Evan

Evan Davis
            Prairie Bulletin
            Saskatchewan Chapter
            Prince Albert, Sk
            Evan Davis
            Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

I'm currently transplanted from my Saskatchewan home to BC on business, but today i'm sure that I saw that pretty tan coupe on the #1 HWY between Hope, BC and Hell's Gate. We were heading in opposite directions, but i'm sure it was them! Evan

Evan Davis
              Prairie Bulletin
              Saskatchewan Chapter
              Prince Albert, Sk
              Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Working...
              X