My 64 r1 super hawk has been sold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 64 r1 super hawk has been sold.

I first posted this a couple months ago,in hopes too find a serious buyer - I really knew the time had come and should sell.so to the point,I corresponded by computer numerous times and took a few phone calls from - Brian Greenall "aka packardHawk58" I always knew We had a rare and special car,and now is in good hands.the hawk will receive a full blown high end restoration,as such a car deserves from a stand up kind of Guy.so once again the forum has shown it's value,"or maybe you can't put a value on it" ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

No Joe I do not believe you can put a value on Brian's dedication to the breed. I have Brian to thank for helping my nicely frame-on restored Astra White, '64 Daytona Hardtop to escape the USA to Australia also!

And now it has a New SDC Member owner over there also. I do hate to see them leave the Country where they were born, but I know they will be more appreciated over there and taken care of.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes as you said Rich ! sure it would be nice if say the hawk went to Michigan,I'd stand a fair chance of seeing it again.and to be honest,such cars going to other parts of the World is just part of the "more SDCers - get the club to grow"factor.this was my Father's car and with us from 1978,so it's bitter sweet for Me.though I'm content thanks to Brian
      Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      No Joe I do not believe you can put a value on Brian's dedication to the breed. I have Brian to thank for helping my nicely frame-on restored Astra White, '64 Daytona Hardtop to escape the USA to Australia also!

And now it has a New SDC Member owner over there also. I do hate to see them leave the Country where they were born, but I know they will be more appreciated over there and taken care of.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

She couldn't go to a better home Joe!

Comment

Ya I'm all settled with that,funny about She.never thought much about the Hawk like that,but maybe it would be a He "cuz of the BLUE interior
          Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          She couldn't go to a better home Joe!
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yes I am looking forward to restoring this rare bird. Apparently there are only 12 existing R1 Super hawks verified to date out of the 60 built. I would like to thank Joe for letting me take custody of his Hawk that he has had stored for these many years, I am sure he has some fond memories driving in the car with his dad at the wheel.
            Brian Greenall
            Melbourne, OZ
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, a few great memories just FLYING down the road as that bird would CHIRP I must admit I've been wrong all this time,I thought the factory built 40 - and that 13 or 14 have been accounted for ? QUOTE=packardHawk58;773565]Thanks for the kind words guys. Yes I am looking forward to restoring this rare bird. Apparently there are only 12 existing R1 Super hawks verified to date out of the 60 built. I would like to thank Joe for letting me take custody of his Hawk that he has had stored for these many years, I am sure he has some fond memories driving in the car with his dad at the wheel.[/QUOTE]
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Congratulations on another great buy Brian, good luck with it.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

While I too am a little bummed to see so many of the special studes leave the country. The love care and respect they get in Australia, and New Zealand is so great that I can't anything but happy. A car like yours could be considered parts here but it gets the full blown Resto it deserves there. And you can know that you old car has really "made it" and is safe for many years to come. Congrats!

Comment

Hey Joe, I made a mistake on the survivors tally, I have been corrected, there are 24 accounted for. As far as I know it will be the only R1 full package 64 Hawk in the country, the other existing 64 R1 is a non-package car.
                    Brian Greenall
                    Melbourne, OZ
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X