1962 GT spotted in Bloomington ,il

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 GT spotted in Bloomington ,il

Driving through Bloomington today, sitting at the truckstop was a hauler from N dakota, hauling a Ford cab over and 1962 GT, that had been hard hit on drivers front corner. He said it was sold in MN, and going to Tennessee. bought on an auction. He was an immigrant from the Russia and asked me many questions about the car. I gave him a quick Studebaker history and encouraged him to go to the Museum in South Bend the next time he was going through. So who is the new lucky owner ?

It wasn't a white one with mag wheels by any chance was it. There was one at a local salvage auction place here.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      It wasn't a white one with mag wheels by any chance was it. There was one at a local salvage auction place here.
      yes, looks like someone had done alot of work on it before the wreck, I t was obviously all done

Comment

I saw it at the auction place but just the rt side. Was there tring to get my buyers number renewed as it was no longer any good. I was hoping maybe it was still going up for bids so I could have a shot at it. What I could see of it looked real nice. Only thing with this auction place is the bids go crazy high and they keep running them until they get what they think the car is worth so its kind of a joke. I'am sure who ever got it payed right up there for it. I bid on a 62 cad. a year or so ago that a tree had fell on and someone payed a crazy amount for. I do body work, had a parts car located and still couldn't of made any money on this job at that price.

Comment

Working...
        X