Vehicle Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Identification

Hello all, glad to have joined. I have a 1954 Studebaker and wondering if I can lean on some expertise here for identification. It is registered in Ontario as a 1954 Studebaker Commander. This is a Canadian car built in Hamilton, Ontario. According to Ontario records I am the third owner. Serial Number is 8956905 and body number is 1232 K5. Hoping that I can get some insight regarding model and trim level. Production orders are not available from the museum for this year of Canadian production.

Cheers!
    Attached Files

K5 identifies it a a Starliner (hardtop) and the serial number indicates that it was in fact built at the Hamilton plant early in the model year
    (beginning Hamilton Commander serial number for 1954 models was 8956751).
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

All '52-'55 "K" Body Starliner Hardtops are the top of the line trim level, in 1954 the trim level "5" was called a "Regal".

Unfortunately, without the Production Order no other Trim, Colors, Interior or other details can be found, sorry.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Waguy01.

Nice to see another Canadian built 54 Commander K body. One statistic that is known is there were only 145 1954 Commander Starliners built in Canada. The serial number for mine is 8957442. I'm the second owner and have owned my car since 1968.

Terry
        Last edited by dictator27; 08-24-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Welcome to our forum!
          Just wondering, what happened to the production orders for this year Canadian built Studebakers?
          Just ran into the same problem on a 2003 Ford E250 built in the now closed Loraine Ohio plant.
          Trying to match a paint code, no information available. Crazy!
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

When Studebaker ceased auto production, all Canadian production orders from about the end of WW2 to 1960 were inadvertently destroyed.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
              When Studebaker ceased auto production, all Canadian production orders from about the end of WW2 to 1960 were inadvertently destroyed.

Terry
              Thanks for the information, I didn't know that.
              Such a shame all that information was lost!
              Commiserations for our Canadian Studebaker owners for the years affected.
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Post some photos of your car when you get a chance. Cheers, Junior.
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the assistance.

Scott

Comment

Nice looking Stude! I've always thought that the 'Bonneville style' spun aluminum wheel discs look good on a '53-'55 C/K Studebaker!

Comment

Working...
                    X