Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KANSAS - Governor Makes Proclamation For IDYSD

(copy)
    TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)-- Governor Sam Brownback shook some hands and got a lesson in Studebaker history before signing a proclamation declaring September 14th International Your Studebaker Day all across the great state of Kansas.of the Kaw Valley Studebaker Drivers Club and other Studebaker clubs were on hand to watch the governor sign today's proclamation.
    Studebaker lovers want Studebaker drivers to get out on the second Saturday in September and tell people why you love Studebaker's.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Cool beans, Jeff! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Didn't I already post about this?
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Sorry... I didn't see your post in the IDYSD forum when I posted this..
        (Now I see it in the general forum)....
        It's all good...
        Jeff

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
        Didn't I already post about this?
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Here's more.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

And here's the actual proclamation made by Kansas Governor Sam Brownback..... I think you'll like it!

WHEREAS the great State of Kansas and Studebaker share a rich history and;

WHEREAS the Studebaker Company and the process to form the Kansas territory both began in 1852 and;

WHEREAS Studebaker Company Conestoga covered wagons carried families westward to make their new home in Kansas, and westward on the Santa Fe Trail;

WHEREAS the covered wagon is a proud part of the Seal of Kansas and;

WHEREAS Studebaker cars and trucks provided dependable transportation for Kansan families and businesses until 1966 and;

WHEREAS the second Saturday in September is International Drive Your Studebaker Day, and is celebrated by Studebaker owners around the world and;

WHEREAS Kansas is the home of hundreds of proud and enthusiastic Studebaker owners who will be driving their Studebakers on that Day;

THEREFORE it is proclaimed that Saturday, September 14th, 2013 is Drive Your Studebaker Day all across the great State of Kansas and may citizens who see them, wave and say hello.

I'd say that's a beautiful thing.

Comment

That is AWESOME!

How did this come to pass? I'd love to see similar proclamations across the country

Thanks for sharing. That's very, very cool.
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Someone in the Kaw Valley Chapter got the ball rolling, and chapter prez Terry Keith followed up.
                The end result is very cool, and quite frankly - has me pumped up!

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                  That is AWESOME!

How did this come to pass? I'd love to see similar proclamations across the country

Thanks for sharing. That's very, very cool.
                  Awesome, indeed! I think it would be near impossible to create a "boilerplate" proclamation for others to use as the issuing entity (state, city, etc.) would like to have it tied into them in some neat "PR" way such as the Kansas proclamation does. I would bet that most chapters who wanted to do something extraordinary like the Kansas folks have done could perhaps use this as a general "style" guide then do some Googling to come up with some things that Studebakers and their state/city/etc/ have in common in order to create a custom proclamation content that would get the issuing entity excited about doing it. Congrats to all the Kansas folks involved!
                  sigpic
                  Bob Shaw
                  Rush City, Minnesota
                  1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                  "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Gee, I hope all Kansas StudeFolk can be at the Governor's Mansion on Saturday!

Comment

Well, we had a GREAT turnout of Studebakers at the Governor's Mansion on Saturday for Kansas Drive Your Studebaker Day. We even had Studebakers from Missouri and Iowa! With nearly 30 Studebakers, and many other members in Brand X cars - it made a great event. I will post pix, soon - I promise.

Midway Chapter had 8 people drive to Salina for lunch at a BBQ joint, and then we headed over 100 miles to Topeka where we met members of Kaw Valley, Heart of America, and others for the reading of the Proclamation by Terry Keith. Even though the Governor was at the State Fair, we made Kansas look good, and they enjoyed all our Studebakers!

Comment

Very cool, I especially like the instructions to the citizens.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Here are my promised pix of Kansas Drive Your Studebaker Day.

Does anyone else hate PhotoBucket as much as I do?

Comment

I see the great States of California and Indiana having HUGE History with the Studebaker Corp. and it's Vehicles both since the early 1800's, so both should be PRIME targets for a neat Proclamation like Kansas'.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                            X