'55 President sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '55 President sedan

Not my favorite body style but still a nice looking car in a great color combo:

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

That C/K grill center makes the hood look like a misfit.

Comment

Actually the centre grill is the same for sedans and C/Ks. It's the parking light surrounds that differ. I've never seen two 55s with the same hood fit. Mine is flush with the grill, but only because we had to reconstruct the hood because of a) accident and 2) unqualified body work on the first attempt to line things up. I'm happy with it.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I like that it's a 3 spd O/D. The ad says 289, but it does look like the original 259 Passmaster in there. Nice car, all the same. That hood needs to be lengthened by about 2 ".

Comment

We've seen this particular car here before - recently. That hood to grille fit isn't just off a bit - something's drastically wrong. It almost looks as tho the top edge of the grille has been bent back. An attempt at better airflow??? Best grille piece they could find after an accident?
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I looked at this car several years ago. My recollection is that there was nothing abnormal about the hood-to-grille fit. Unless something drastic has happened recently, I suspect that the owner didn't close hood all the way after taking the motor pic. In fact, if you look carefully, you can see a little added shadow on the right indicating a slightly raised hood.
            sigpic
            Bob Shaw
            Rush City, Minnesota
            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

55's had terrible hood to grille fit. Iv'e seen a lot with bad fit. My 55 Conestoga is off on one side, Iv'e adjusted it several different ways and have never been able to get it right. I need to jack up the grille on one side but I'm afraid it will crack or break.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

It has had a 12 volt conversion.
                Last edited by studegary; 08-23-2013, 10:03 AM. Reason: missing h
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by BShaw View Post
                  I looked at this car several years ago. My recollection is that there was nothing abnormal about the hood-to-grille fit. Unless something drastic has happened recently, I suspect that the owner didn't close hood all the way after taking the motor pic. In fact, if you look carefully, you can see a little added shadow on the right indicating a slightly raised hood.
                  You might be right, Bob. It does look like the lower corners don't come down the top corners of the side grilles. Dumb mistake if you ask me.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A trick my good body shop used was to add about 1/2 " strip to the cowl where it meets the hood. That pushed the hood forward just enough to look right.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                      Dumb mistake if you ask me.
                      I agree. I have seen numerous Ebay and Craigslist car ads (Stude and otherwise) where the owner doesn't have the hood shut all the way before snapping a pic (either that or there's a lot of cars out there with busted latches!).
                      sigpic
                      Bob Shaw
                      Rush City, Minnesota
                      1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                      "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Hood's definitely not latched down. Nice car!

Comment

Overpriced for me as for condition and model.
                          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                            Overpriced for me as for condition and model.
                            You should not write off the big President sedans so quickly...........They are actually 'much more car' than the C/K's will ever be!

Comment

Bob,I was kinda thinking the same thing? then I thought what Ed says about the hood being un latched ?for Me that pic just is to hard too tell for these eyes!how does this sound for what if - "if even possible"that the park light housings are for c/k cars and it has the center grille sitting at the wrong angle??? I can't see the grille being bent that much and still be in one peice.
                              Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                              We've seen this particular car here before - recently. That hood to grille fit isn't just off a bit - something's drastically wrong. It almost looks as tho the top edge of the grille has been bent back. An attempt at better airflow??? Best grille piece they could find after an accident?
                              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                              X