Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSMCDR 2013 Who's Going? Who's Participating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSMCDR 2013 Who's Going? Who's Participating?

Well it seems I am committing to participate in the the Pure Stocks this year. I could not go last year due to University commitments but as of today I still do not have a job and might as well spend my future earnings before I begin my new career and can't go.

I have lots of preparation work on the Hawk to attend with changing valve springs to eliminate the valve float I get when I put my foot into it. I have to swap out the 3.54:1 ratio differential to my 4:56:1. Need to change the supercharger oil, install a temporary shift light tachometer on the steering column and steal my girlfriend's tires off her Lark.

I am sure there are tons of other things to think about like getting spare belts,tools, gas cans, finding the belt dressing in the shop, setting up the timing for the race and getting a pit crew found and organized. This race is a lot more fun when you have a couple guys helping out under the hood with timing and telling you your about to detonate!

Oh yah, Yikes, I have to think about getting a room as well.

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Each year passes and we are still not ready. I finally got the R2 Lark back from the paint shop and have started putting her back together. The Super Red paint looks outstanding. Who know maybe we will have her done in 2014. When we do get her completed, first stop will be the PSMCDR.

Comment

Looks like I'm coming again (3rd year) and I should actually qualify the 55 this year. Only one way to find out.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
        Looks like I'm coming again (3rd year) and I should actually qualify the 55 this year. Only one way to find out.
        Cool beans, Dave; 'good to see you among the entries.

Of course, it will "qualify" if it passes tech and completes even one pass on Friday, September 13. As a '55, you will have the oldest model year car eligible to participate in the event; cool!

I'm also looking forward to writing up another new Studebaker competitor for Turning Wheels! See you there!

It looks like both The Stude Tomato and The Plain Brown Wrapper will again be there, and Steve Doerschlag says he's bringing The Silver Streak 1964 R3 Challenger, too. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Are the cars weighed in at the track ?
          Bill H
          Daytona Beach
          SDC member since 1970
          Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Allen , I'd be glad to be on your pit crew but unfortunately my son picked that time of year to get married so I'll be pre occupied . . If I were you i'd give "Digger" a call or email , he's your best bet to setting up your car , which I think you already know.....good luck , I'll be thinking about you guys.
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
              Are the cars weighed in at the track ?
              Yes, right after your first run.
              1964 GT Hawk
              PSMCDR 2014
              Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
              PSMCDR 2013
              Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Glad to hear you guys are coming. Dave, it will be great to have a '55 there...as Bob says, 1955 is the oldest year eligible to run at the Pure Stock Drags. There's a good chance you'll have the oldest car there this year. I don't recall ever seeing another '55 competing there, but there may have been one.

The Wrapper is just about ready. In fact, as soon as I finish typing this, the R3 will get some fresh Mobil I 10W-30 plus ZDDP for this year's hard work.

George

George
                george krem

Comment

Thanks, George. My dog, Jane Doe, has been with me every year and I plan to bring her this year, too. She goes nuts if I drive my Stude without her. At the "Made in Canada" Ontario chapter event last year, she was on the ground when I decided to move the car a foot. She bit the tires! I'll ask one of the crew to put her in a car while a do a run. She's a handful. Looking forward to watching everybody run. Good luck to you, too.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I'll be there watching and helping when possible.

Comment

Taking into account the five International Meets, the untold number of Zone Meets, and other smaller Stude shows I have attended in all my years of Studebaker craziness, the Pure Stock Drags would be one event that stands out as some of the most StudeFun I have ever had. I highly recommend going if you ever have the chance. You will not be sorry you did!!!

StudeDave '57
                      2001 PSMCD attendee
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I do miss going.
                        sigpic
                        Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

As Bob P. mentioned the Stude Tomato and Plain Brown Wrapper plan to be there. That is providing I get a new ring and pinion and new axles installed in the Tomato.

Peter Sant will be there with his Kool R 2 red Avanti and if things work out, Chuck and John Kern should be there with there white R 2 Avanti. (Chuck's wife, Linda is having some health problems and he may not come but John plans to make it last I heard).

As also mentioned Steve Doerschlag will be there with his silver R 3 Challenger. Last I heard Richard and Rose Poe plan on coming but his green monster '64 is not legal for Pure Stock. In case you're interested he just turned 12.286 at Muncie last Wednesday at test and tune.

And yes, Lark Parker we miss you being there too!

Comment

Working...
                          X