Looking for 61 Hawk Doors and Trunk Lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 61 Hawk Doors and Trunk Lid

Anyone (individuals or vendors) going to Maggie Valley have any nice doors or a trunk lid that will fit a 61 Hawk. I know these are hard to find in good shape. I am thinking it might make more sense to buy some nice rust free ones, rather than fix mine. I don't care if they are for a 61 or not, as long as they are the right style. I can fill un-needed holes or drill needed holes to make them work.

Thanks
    Wayne
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

They are only hard to find when you are looking for them Trunks from 57-63 fit, and doors from 57-61, if you don't mind filling holes, as you say. I definitely agree its easier to fill holes than fix rust.

Not sure how much hurry you are in, or how far you are willing to travel, but if nothing shows up local, a trip to Reedsville in November should get you some.
    Last edited by JoeHall; 08-23-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Wish you were closer to Denver... we'd split this one:

Trunk is perfect. Remember left door is good. Right door has one big A$$ dent that might pull out... but none of that eastern rust.

Comment

Originally posted by mmagic View Post
        Wish you were closer to Denver... we'd split this one:

Trunk is perfect. Remember left door is good. Right door has one big A$$ dent that might pull out... but none of that eastern rust.
        Wouldn't work anyway 61 is a coupe, GT is a hardtop.

Comment

I try to get to York, never been to Reedsville. I would like to find something sooner, if anyone knows someone that might have some to sell. I would be willing to make a dedicated trip to pick some up. Anywhere within an 8 or 10 hour drive of eastern NC would be easy.

Wayne
          Wayne

sigpic

Comment

I have them but a little more than 8-10 hours driving time.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

I have a '62 Hawk GT Gran Turismo Door panel in good condition (without Window frame). Trouble is I'm in South Africa! if you are still interested, I will look into the cost s of shipplng and make a quote

regards Roger Goodlet SDC member AO15389G

sou

Comment

There seems to be a law that states that whatever large part you are looking for will always be on the opposite side of the country/world from you. Distance is directly proportional to the size of the part you need. Just seems to always be that way. Been looking for a good '62-'63 GT trunk lid for years, they're all too far away.....

Comment

Bob, or anyone else,
                  do you have any idea what kind of freight charges I would be looking at to get both doors and trunk lid shipped from there in CA to here in NC?

Maybe a better question is how would you pack them? I assume a wooden crate. If I set up a truck to pick them up, do you have a fork lift to load the crate into the truck?

Please send me a PM with price for doors and trunk lid.
                  Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Wayne,

Please send me a PM.
                    Thanks

Dan Miller
                    Auburn, GA

Comment

Dan,
                      PM sent
                      Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Wayne,
                        If it's ok with you, just send me an e-mail. That "PM" message deal is way to complicated.

Thanks,
                        Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wdills View Post
                          Bob, or anyone else,
                          do you have any idea what kind of freight charges I would be looking at to get both doors and trunk lid shipped from there in CA to here in NC?

Maybe a better question is how would you pack them? I assume a wooden crate. If I set up a truck to pick them up, do you have a fork lift to load the crate into the truck?

Please send me a PM with price for doors and trunk lid.
                          Wayne give me a call and we can talk, I have a friend that hauls cars and other items back and forth and he is leaving California sometime this week and heading home in the Dayton Ohio area and for a fee he will and can bring that far unless other arrangements are made.....Bob 510-266-2522
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Working...
                          X