ID engine in 2R10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: ID engine in 2R10

I have the following information on the engine that is in a 1952 2R10 pickup. I have just started to have some engine and drive train work done to get the truck running again. I'm new to the forum, so the information may be more than needed. Can anyone tell me what this engine is? I'm doubtful it is original; see following: .

It's a 1951 engine that was originally in a Champion car. The aluminum tag was installed by an unknown rebuilder at some time in the past. This is basically the same engine as the original one the truck was built with. The question mark you put in the engine number I assume is because you didn't know if the figure before it was a numeral '1' or a capitol letter 'I', is that correct? It is a numeral. Studebaker stamped them that way.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Dwain, thank you very much. I did not think about the "I" for "1" issue when I read the number. Actually, the number could be the top of a mis-stamped "4"; the use of I by Studebaker actually makes it unlikely to misread a partial 4 that way. I really appreciate your efforts on forums and the Co-Operator.

Comment

Working...
      X