Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He is alive and doing well (Will Sander) (Starlite)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is alive and doing well (Will Sander) (Starlite)

Just got back from my trip to Texas to deliver a 57 Golden Hawk and to Colorado Springs to pick up a 62 Daytona 289 4 speed car that will be going to New Zealand, after getting the car we stopped by to See Will Sander of Starlite as we were also picking up the interior for this 62 car from him, I know there has been a lot of questions about Starlite and how he is doing, well he is fine and very busy with his real job and then taking on the job of getting all the leftover interior parts and pieces for Ed. ( Studebaker International). I for one never dreamed how much there was and the amount of work Will and his wife Lorrie have already put in trying to get it ready to sell and save. his move was not just down the street but at least 1000 miles. first the building he is using for the interior parts was already in use and he needed to clear it out and move a lot of things to his other 3-4 buildings all full of Studebaker parts and cars and their Airstream trailers, the 3 hours I spent with Will was some of the best hours of my Studebaker life and to see how much they have taken on is unbelievable and so far very organized, so anyone waiting to hear from them just hang in there and it will happen, he is very accommodating and price one can live with, my hat is off to you Will and Lorrie and I plan on coming back to your little town with more Studebakers than people, thanks again for a wonderful time . take a look and you will see what I saw....Bob

Thanks again Will for being there and hope to see you again soon.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

That is just totally amazing Bob! I am completely blown away by the enormity of the oversupply of Parts our beloved Co. had squirreled away for decades that ended up in that poorly organized SASCO stash.

Like most of you, I have been in the old Newman and Altman Build. and the Engineering Build. where it all was located last and knew there were huge amounts, but never even dreamed how BIG it really was until Ed Reynolds and Will and Lorie got it spread out and better organized.

We are truly indebted to these people who are pulling out all the stops to further save the remaining inventory, after 47 years of poor storage and care.

We are truly blessed with owning Cars from a Co. that actually CARED about the Maintenance and Parts availability for their wonderful Cars like no other Auto. Co. in the entire world has EVER!

I was just at a Rambler/AMC/Nash Club event today at the Bell's Studebaker Museum and Diner in Bellingham.

In talking to the owners of these fine Nash and AMC Cars they mentioned parts availability of Stude. Parts and were amazed at what I told them about a Co. that did not purge stock of 5 year old parts when the profitability was gone like all the others. And they did not have much to say about their chances of finding 1000 NOS front fenders for their 1964 Cars.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-18-2013, 11:01 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Will is a very helpful guy...but I think he needs a full time helper to deal with all that N.O.S trim!

Chris.

Comment

I left an order with Will and his wife while in Colorado springs this year, both are really nice people and very easy and enjoyable to have a conversation with, he certainly seems to know his stuff .....His "stash" IS IMPRESSIVE to say the least, no wonder it takes him a while to respond to our requests......Way to go Will, hang in there and we will too.....Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Wow, Bob! I was there in 2009 and the place is virtually all different! That '55 Clipper was sitting on a dirt floor under a leaky roof when I was there.

Will and Lori have made tremendous progress in 4 short years. Heartening to see, they are such nice people. Thanks for the current images. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I for one am glad that the interior parts are now in a secure and DRY location! Best part is, They have been working hard to get it all inventoried and sorted.
            WOW what an undertaking! Between Will & Lorrie, and Ed Reynolds, they have saved TONS of NOS parts for years to come!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

I haven't seen a Monitor-Top in years. Are they collectors of them or are they using them for storage or something else?
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

We are truly blessed with owning Cars from a Co. that actually CARED about the Maintenance and Parts availability for their wonderful Cars like no other Auto. Co. in the entire world has EVER!

That is a pretty broad statement. What is it backed by?
                What comes to mind is Rolls Royce that saves matching interior wood and , I believe, leather for every car that they build.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

LOL..... Rolls Royce - the everyman's car! Gary, I'm really sorry I've never had the pleasure of casual(?) conversation with you. It must be an experience.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    I haven't seen a Monitor-Top in years. Are they collectors of them or are they using them for storage or something else?
                    If Monitor Top is another name for Airstream Trailers, yes. Will and Lori are Airstream enthusiasts and attend the Airstream National Meets, etc. He had a smallish one that he puleld with a 1962(?) Lark wagon.

I forget how many he had when I was there in 2009; at least four of them. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      If Monitor Top is another name for Airstream Trailers, yes. Will and Lori are Airstream enthusiasts and attend the Airstream National Meets, etc. He had a smallish one that he puleld with a 1962(?) Lark wagon.

I forget how many he had when I was there in 2009; at least four of them. BP

No. Monitor-Top was the model name for a line of refrigerators (IIRC GE). They had the motor/compressor on top of the box part.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Got it, Gary; now I see them. I wouldn't be surprised if they collected them, too. BP

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          That is just totally amazing Bob! I am completely blown away by the enormity of the oversupply of Parts our beloved Co. had squirreled away for decades that ended up in that poorly organized SASCO stash.

Like most of you, I have been in the old Newman and Altman Build. and the Engineering Build. where it all was located last and knew there were huge amounts, but never even dreamed how BIG it really was until Ed Reynolds and Will and Lorie got it spread out and better organized.

We are truly indebted to these people who are pulling out all the stops to further save the remaining inventory, after 47 years of poor storage and care.

I was just at a Rambler/AMC/Nash Club event today at the Bell's Studebaker Museum and Diner in Bellingham.

In talking to the owners of these fine Nash and AMC Cars they mentioned parts availability of Stude. Parts and were amazed at what I told them about a Co. that did not purge stock of 5 year old parts when the profitability was gone like all the others. And they did not have much to say about their chances of finding 1000 NOS front fenders for their 1964 Cars.
                          I just want a beltline trim for my 52 commander hard top!?!

Can ya hook a brother up?

Haha,

Dean.

Comment

I need to get a hold of Will sometime about some interior pieces I need for a '60 Lark. The last time I saw Will he was passing through South Bend hauling a sweet '63 Lark and stopped by the plant to pick up a few interior parts we found for him.
                            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                              I need to get a hold of Will sometime about some interior pieces I need for a '60 Lark. The last time I saw Will he was passing through South Bend hauling a sweet '63 Lark and stopped by the plant to pick up a few interior parts we found for him.
                              Chris, if you are going to do that, you might do it pronto. A couple guys are driving to The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race this year from Will's back yard and might be able to bring you some pieces if arrangements had been made.

But the event is September 12-13-14 this year, so they'd be leaving earlier that week. BP

Comment

Working...
                              X