Brake Shoe availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Shoe availability

Anyone know of a source, other than S.I. for the correct front brake shoes for a 1960 V8 hawk?

Thanks,

Joe D.

Front or rear? I have a number from my FLAPS if they are the same as 63 V8 non wagon rear brakes.

Comment

NAPA had them for the Champ and the Speedster even though the Speedster shoes are not shown on line.... like <$25 a pair.

Comment

I need the front shoes (V8) ; NAPA didn't have them; the ones Autozone sells are 9", - too small.
        I know S.I. would have the correct ones, but they require cores beings sent to them and I am in a
        time crunch.

Thanks,

Joe D.

Comment

If time is not an issue have your old shoes relined look for a clutch and brake place. the shoes you want are 11 by 2 and very hard to find go to a vendor or have the old ones relined.

Comment

I also have my Studebaker brake shoes relined at a local brake and clutch relining business, same day service. Of course that only works if you live close to a fair size town.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Joe I sent you a pm.
              Originally posted by valleyguy View Post
              Anyone know of a source, other than S.I. for the correct front brake shoes for a 1960 V8 hawk?

Thanks,

Joe D.
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Je pls call me at 540-289-8989

Thanks,

Joe D.

Comment

Chuck Collins has them in stock, I got 11" front and 10" rear just a few days ago. 602-995-5311
                  sigpic
                  JohnP, driving & reviving
                  60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Then there's always Dave Thibeault....I've been buying Studebaker brake parts from Him for years...Tel# 978 897 3158

Comment

Stude front V8 shoes have been NLA for some time now. With a very rare exception these will require a core exchange.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Joe,

I can't think of anyone in your vicinity who might reline shoes, many years ago (i.e. 1977?) the NAPA down in Lexington did some for a M-15A I had. Jeff Duty at Automotive Manufacturers in Richmond does them and picks up/delivers to many locations (i.e. auto parts stores) around the state.

Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary, Napa in Elkton did a set for me a few years back; I didn't even check with them since I am
                          in somewhat of a hurry, and I remember they had well over a week turnaround since they send them out.

Fortunately, Joe Zeiger had a set and we made a deal on them.

Thank you everybody.

Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                          X