Studebaker in the movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker in the movies

I watched The Butchers Wife (1991) on Netflix last night. In the early scenes, the butcher is driving back to New York City with his new wife in what looks like a blue 1963 Cruiser. He pulls to the curb in front of his butcher shop with it so we see it for several seconds. Seems to be in pretty nice condition for being over 25 years old. Not a bad movie.
    Rick
    Kingman, AZ

They list it as a 1962 Lark, but that doesn't mean you're wrong.

Comment

My Lark/Cruiser identification skills are not the best. The article in this month's Turning Wheels helped quite a bit though.
      Rick
      Kingman, AZ

Comment

If you keep track of the truck differences, the Larks should be a breeze!

For whatever reason, I haven't gone anal with making sure I know every different year and model. I know enough to not embarrass myself too often, and when I get it wrong, I get to learn a new one.

Comment

There's a powder-blue Hawk in the latest episode of "Magic City".
          peter lee

Comment

There's quite a bit of screen time for a '59-61 Silver Hawk in the film "The Hot Spot". Jennifer Connoly is also quite hot in this.
            peter lee

Comment

1947 Studebaker Commander driven by the 'bad guys' in Macon County Line (1974).

Comment

Hitchcocks The Birds shows a m series stude pickup catching fire after gas pump sprays gas on parking lot. Ist terminator movie shows Champ pickup getting sideswiped in parking garage chase. Dr Martin Luther documentary shows police cars at time of shooting on streets with 64 marshal with avanti fender badges in couple of sceens.
                NEIL G.

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
                  There's quite a bit of screen time for a '59-61 Silver Hawk in the film "The Hot Spot". Jennifer Connoly is also quite hot in this.
                  If you look close at that black Studebaker Hawk when it's turning you can see that is say Power Hawk on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X