Parts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts needed

I need the Avanti II emblem for the trunk of my 1978. I have the Avanti script but it is somewhat discolored but if I can't find a better one, it will do.
    The II is completely missing so I definitely need that and the small plastic plugs for attachment. I also need some decent knobs for the air conditioning. Can anyone help?
    Avantidave
    1978 Avanti II

Call Studebaker International...or Nostalgic Motors.

Comment

I have a couple of N.O.S. II emblems if you cant find one closer.

Chris.

Comment

I found them in the Studebaker International catalog. Thanks for your help.
        Avantidave
        1978 Avanti II

Comment

Or, cut off the VI from a '59-'61 Lark "VIII" and re-plate or touch it up, and you've GOT it!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I never put my '11' emblems back on the car after painting my '81. The holes were filled prior to painting. I thought it looked cleaner. If you still need a "11" I may have a new spare. Good luck.
            Rob in PA.

Comment

It's kind of funny.....Years ago many Avanti owners had the 'll' emblems removed when they had their cars refinished....NOW, the 'll' emblems have become somewhat desired....as many Avanti ll owners want their cars to look exactly like they did when they left South Bend!

Comment

Stude1964, can you tell me hom much you want for th emblem? Also, do you have the plastic inserts that go into the hole to fasten the emblem on? I wanted to fend a private message but haven't learned how to do that yet.
                thanks Dave
                Avantidave
                1978 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by davette59 View Post
                  I need the Avanti II emblem for the trunk of my 1978. I have the Avanti script but it is somewhat discolored but if I can't find a better one, it will do.
                  The II is completely missing so I definitely need that and the small plastic plugs for attachment. I also need some decent knobs for the air conditioning. Can anyone help?
                  Any idea what the A/C knobs look like. I may be able to scare up a pair but will need to check condition and know what they look like.

Bob

Comment

I will try to take a picture tomorrow. I know how to email a picture but not sure if I can post a picture here. I know they are plastic knobs with silver lettering. One says "air" and the other says "temp". Small knobs only about an inch in diameter.
                    i have also noticed that I need the curved iplastic piece that has the letters on it for the automatic transmission. Park, D, 1---2 etc.

Dave
                    Avantidave
                    1978 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by davette59 View Post
                      I will try to take a picture tomorrow. I know how to email a picture but not sure if I can post a picture here. I know they are plastic knobs with silver lettering. One says "air" and the other says "temp". Small knobs only about an inch in diameter.
                      i have also noticed that I need the curved iplastic piece that has the letters on it for the automatic transmission. Park, D, 1---2 etc.

Dave
                      Vendor item the shift indicator plate, Nostalgic for sure. I'll scrounge around tomorrow and see what I can find and post a picture to save you the trouble. If I don't post it tomorrow, remind me, CRS sets in at times.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X