PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker Choir 2014

Ted Johnson
08-17-2013, 08:36 AM
At the Colorado Springs meet, I volunteered to direct a Studebaker Choir at the Dover meet in 2014. I have in mind at least four Studebaker-related songs for us to sing. My main needs are for singers and a piano accompanist! I know some choir directors in the Dover area, but most of them deal with children in choirs. Are there any adult singers out there in Community Choirs or church choirs who will sing with us? I will have the music in hand for us to do. BTW, I've written an article on Studebaker music in the August issue of TW. Ted Johnson, Yorktown, VA

njonkman
08-17-2013, 08:27 PM
At the Colorado Springs meet, I volunteered to direct a Studebaker Choir at the Dover meet in 2014. I have in mind at least four Studebaker-related songs for us to sing. My main needs are for singers and a piano accompanist! I know some choir directors in the Dover area, but most of them deal with children in choirs. Are there any adult singers out there in Community Choirs or church choirs who will sing with us? I will have the music in hand for us to do. BTW, I've written an article on Studebaker music in the August issue of TW. Ted Johnson, Yorktown, VA

Are you going to try to bring in people at large from the membership or are you trying to get local people together ahead of time?
Nick

Ted Johnson
08-17-2013, 08:52 PM
A combo or medley of the two.Nick. It would be ideal to draw from the SDC membership but adding local singers would really help. I'm following strategy of Glen Shull of the Studebaker Band who got local band members in Colorado to augment SDC members who played instruments. Hope you will sing with us Nick! Ted Johnson. Yorktown

njonkman
08-18-2013, 12:37 PM
A combo or medley of the two.Nick. It would be ideal to draw from the SDC membership but adding local singers would really help. I'm following strategy of Glen Shull of the Studebaker Band who got local band members in Colorado to augment SDC members who played instruments. Hope you will sing with us Nick! Ted Johnson. Yorktown

It is our intention to make the trip there next summer. I sing bass in a male choir and hope to participate. If you could send a copy of the music to all interested before hand then we could familiarize ourselves with the songs.
Nick

Ted Johnson
11-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi there all you Studey singers, plans for the choir are in full swing! We have all three songs from the 1937 review in choir arrangements: "Marching Along Together, Studebaker Leads the Way", "Friends of Studebaker" and "Champion of the Year". Also, "My Studebaker Girl (1926), Wait for the Wagon, and new songs "Studebaker" and "GT Hawk". I'm building a list of pre-registrants; I'll send copies of the music in advance to those who send me an e-mail: swedenole@ethome.org. We still need a piano accompanist.

Ted Johnson
01-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks to those who have e-mailed me with your intent to join our choir in June. I am still getting the music ready and count on all able singers to participate! There was a display "ad" in the last TW publicizing it also. We'll have a great time.

Ted Johnson

Ted Johnson
05-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Plans are "rolling" along for the Choir in June at Dover! We have a wagon-era song "Wait for the (Studebaker) Wagon", new WORDS for the Studebaker Grand March, all three songs from the 1937 Studebaker corporate review, a 1962 musical jingle, and two original songs. Every piece of music we sing will be Studebaker-specific! e-mail me in advance or just join at the meet. We are fortunate to have Rebecca Bonham, director of the Studebaker National Museum to serve as our pianist. We are looking forward to a great time. Ted Johnson swedenole@ethome.org

Ted Johnson
06-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Folders are assembled and ready to go for Dover, all you singers! You will be welcome to join "on the spot" in Dover, we have prepared 20 folders! We will wear combinations of red, white and blue for concerts. I am e-mailing copies of the music to all who notify me in advance of intent to join. Please let me know phone, e-mail and voice part sung. Thanks and see you in Dover! Ted Johnson swedenole@ethome.org