Throttle lever pin fell out 1964 gt hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Throttle lever pin fell out 1964 gt hawk

Hi: the pin fell out of the adjustable clevis that connects the throttle linkage to the throttle lever On my 64 gt hawk. As a result, the throttle linkage is now disconnected. What did this pin look like? It looks like the hole in the clevis is larger than the hole in the lever. Does anyone have a picture of this area on the gt hawk. I don't know how long this has been like this, as I just got the car. The transmission looks like new. Could the it be damaged with this disconnected? Going to order the CD's after I solve this ,thanks
    1964 Gran turismo Hawk
    1954 Packard Pacific

I'm a bit confused cause I don't understand your terminology/ relevance or I might be able to help but I don't comprehend.. . jimmijim
    Last edited by jimmijim8; 08-16-2013, 06:39 PM.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

here's where a parts' book comes in handy...

Comment

eric64--find a '59 thru '64 Parts Chassis Catalog and go to page71 for a picture of the linkage and page 117 for a list of the parts showing the Stude part #s. Driving and working on one of these cars without a complete set of Studebaker manuals is tough to do. Then check out the vendors, or somebody in the club, armed with the part #. Hope this helps. D
        sigpicGood judgment is the result of experience; ...experience is the result of bad judgment.

Comment

A generic shoulder pin with a cotter pin 'lock' will work fine. Local auto parts store hardware cabinet item.

Comment

Yup; Yoose guys are absolutely right!! No more questions until I get the CD's. I don't want to Bubba this fine machine. Lord knows, I found a few of them already. Thanks SN-60, the smaller hole in the lever threw me for a loop. Never thought of using a shoulder pin. :-(
            1964 Gran turismo Hawk
            1954 Packard Pacific

Comment

Working...
            X