Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to acquire my first Studebaker, a red 59 Hawk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to acquire my first Studebaker, a red 59 Hawk!

I hope you end up with it! I think 59 is the best looking year for the Hawk. Does it have the original running gear?

Comment

We're hoping along with you. Any Hawk will raise the blood pressure and sometimes even get the wife excited.

Print out a copy of this, put it on the calendar and get back to us in a year. It could happen.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Awesome!! What trans does it have? Can't wait for pics.

Comment

It's not just Hawks that get my wife excited. Every Stude I bring home seems to render her speechless for weeks at a time.

I think it's about time for me to find another. (Stude.)
          Last edited by Studedude; 08-15-2013, 06:14 PM.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Now that there's funny, Dave! You've discovered the way to find some peace and quiet!
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I've looked at so many, I've obviously been overwhelmed - because I even put the wrong year in the title...It's actually a 60 Hawk. Although it appears that 59 and 60 are most identical?

Comment

Comment

It's easiest for me to upload to photo bucket, then copy and paste em'. Sounds like just the right car for your needs, maybe a ways down the line you could switch it to floor shift just for kicks.

Comment

Its a 1960 with a 259? In 1959 the 259 was the only available v8 option. In 1960 the 289 was standard so its not the original engine, but with a 4 barrel and dual exhaust it should make decent power. 1960 and 59 have some differences in the trim and interior. I would like to see pictures. It sounds like a nice car.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                      maybe a ways down the line you could switch it to floor shift just for kicks.
                      That would be cool, but with bench seats, wouldn't I need to replace them as well to make room for the shifter?

Comment

Another slight difference,the '59 would be a "Silver Hawk" in '60 & '61 they dropped the "Silver" so they are just "Hawks" since they no longer built a "Golden Hawk"[k-body] there was no need to use the" Silver" designation... Either that,or they just ran out of "Silver" name plates!!
                        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Well, the local guy got the Red 60 Hawk!

But I have a line on another Hawk, a 59 Silver Hawk in Tahiti Coral. So maybe my mistake in the title of this thread wasn't really a mistake, just me being psychic!

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                            It's not just Hawks that get my wife excited. Every Stude I bring home seems to render her speechless for weeks at a time.

I think it's about time for me to find another. (Stude.)
                            Now that's funny, Dave. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here's a couple decent ones. First has a 302/C4 floor shift. Not for the purist but looks like alot of fun. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4004266346.html
                              More pure if you would like http://youngstown.craigslist.org/cto/3997832212.html

Comment

Working...
                              X