Today in Monterey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Monterey

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

Supposed to sell this afternoon. They normally broadcast on the Velocity channel (which I don't get). I have to go to the corner bar to see it. You can watch on-line, but it ain't the same.

And Saturday.......... http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...2&entryRow=225
    1936 Dictator
    1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
    1953 Commander Regal HT
    1953 2R5 Pickup
    1947 M16 Truck
    1960 Lark VIII Convertible
    1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
    1962 Champ 7E5 no box
    1962 GT Hawk
    1963 Lark VI 4 dr
    1963 GT Hawk R2
    1964 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Friend of mines flying down tonight to attend auction for another buyer. They're looking to bid on another car but I'm sure I'll receive some pics of the Studes.
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Claude one of my buddies has flown in to see the races and has tickets for Pebble beach as well, he keeps sending me pictures of car that are attending like this 300 SL just laying around in the car park, lucky bastard, maybe next year!

Brian Greenall
      Melbourne, OZ
      sigpic

Comment

Anybody know what the '61 Hawk sold for, or if it sold?

Interesting BBS (Borderline Bovine Spotting) in the Avanti write-up. A few facts, a few stretches:

One of a handful sold with the dealer installed Paxton Supercharged R-3 package which is rated at 335 HP

BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Anybody know what the '61 Hawk sold for, or if it sold?

Interesting BBS (Borderline Bovine Spotting) in the Avanti write-up. A few facts, a few stretches:

One of a handful sold with the dealer installed Paxton Supercharged R-3 package which is rated at 335 HP

BP
          Bob,
          $15000 on the Hawk
          1936 Dictator
          1953 Commander Regal HT
          1953 2R5 Pickup
          1947 M16 Truck
          1962 Champ 7E5 no box
          1962 GT Hawk
          1963 Lark VI 4 dr
          1963 GT Hawk R2
          1964 Daytona Convertible
          1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Thanks, Claude; that sounds like a fair price for a nice car, eh?

(I wonder what the engine came out of, unless the four-bolt thermostat housing manifold just went on that engine from an earlier car.)

Nice car in any case. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I should have been there. If it was that nice I would have bought it. Gotta love them 4 speeds!
              1936 Dictator
              1953 Commander Regal HT
              1953 2R5 Pickup
              1947 M16 Truck
              1962 Champ 7E5 no box
              1962 GT Hawk
              1963 Lark VI 4 dr
              1963 GT Hawk R2
              1964 Daytona Convertible
              1964 Commander Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by studeski View Post
                I should have been there. If it was that nice I would have bought it. Gotta love them 4 speeds!
                Nah, Claude; don't feel bad. You're getting too old to shift...and won't you be needing a bigger trunk than a Hawk to accommodate your Hoverround?

(OOPS, did I say something wrong?) BP

Comment

BTW, what did the Avanti sell for? BP

Comment

Couldn't have sold for too much Bob......The seller forgot to 'black out' the radiator air intake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Nah, Claude; don't feel bad. You're getting too old to shift...and won't you be needing a bigger trunk than a Hawk to accommodate your Hoverround?

(OOPS, did I say something wrong?) BP
                      Oh, didn't I tell you. When I rolled my Hoverround I lost the battery cuz the hold down was missing!
                      1936 Dictator
                      1953 Commander Regal HT
                      1953 2R5 Pickup
                      1947 M16 Truck
                      1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                      1962 GT Hawk
                      1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                      1963 GT Hawk R2
                      1964 Daytona Convertible
                      1964 Commander Wagonaire

Comment

If you log in with your email address you can see the prices. 83 Avanti $16000
                        1936 Dictator
                        1953 Commander Regal HT
                        1953 2R5 Pickup
                        1947 M16 Truck
                        1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                        1962 GT Hawk
                        1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                        1963 GT Hawk R2
                        1964 Daytona Convertible
                        1964 Commander Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by studeski View Post
                          Oh, didn't I tell you? When I rolled my Hoverround, I lost the battery 'cuz the hold down was missing!
                          There you have it, folks; Claude lived to tell of his disaster because he didn't have a battery hold-down! BP

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                            Claude one of my buddies has flown in to see the races and has tickets for Pebble beach as well, he keeps sending me pictures of car that are attending like this 300 SL just laying around in the car park, lucky bastard, maybe next year!

Studebaker sure knew what to import! Didn't they?

Comment

R3 Avanti was bid to 45,000, but no sale.
                              Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                              X