PDA

View Full Version : Exciting new Studebaker acquisition!

JimC
08-14-2013, 01:15 AM

I've been trying to whittle out some time to go visit a friend from the local chapter who offered me his essentially complete collection of Turning Wheels, going back past the first issue, into the quarterly club newsletters. Today I picked them up and they're in my garage. I'll have to build a shelf (or get a bigger filing cabinet), but it's worth the effort. Flipping through them in my garage, I'd already found a couple useful tidbits.

Bonus points to anyone who can identify the dates of the three issues on the top :)

Corvanti
08-14-2013, 01:38 AM
I can't I.D. the issues, but please make sure they are in a humidity controlled area!:)

i've read a couple of old issues from the boxes that Mr. K and Mr. Z have sent. the 1st issue i read was one that had an old "Dairy Queen" on the front cover. i had to turn the cover over since everytime i saw it, i wanted to drive up 15 miles to the closest DQ and get a large Cherry Malt!;)

Enjoy the knowledge found!!!:!:

GThawkwind
08-14-2013, 02:11 AM
Vol. 35 No. 12
Vol. 37 No. 8
Not sure about the far off one but I'll have to check if I have it even. BTW Vol. 35 No.12 is a truly fantastic read I loved it, the cover car is so close to perfect to me, except that color...... in Black in white in the article it was absolutely perfect!
Thanks Joe!

BobPalma
08-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Congrats on the score, Jim; you've got a nice-looking collection there. :!: BP

Commander Eddie
08-14-2013, 10:00 AM
That should keep you occupied all winter.

JimC
08-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Vol. 35 No. 12
Vol. 37 No. 8
Not sure about the far off one but I'll have to check if I have it even. BTW Vol. 35 No.12 is a truly fantastic read I loved it, the cover car is so close to perfect to me, except that color...... in Black in white in the article it was absolutely perfect!
Thanks Joe!
As fitting as the phrase "Two outta three ain't bad" is, I'm really impressed! Good eye (and memory).

I'm highly tempted to scan these into a pdf format as I read them, so I can read them later on my tablet. I wouldn't expect to have them all scanned for years, but I'm getting to where I read stuff on my tablet as much or more than I read actual paper books and magazines. We'll just have to see how motivated I am! :D