Collector Stuff? Help me find out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collector Stuff? Help me find out?

I have been given a whole book of Studebaker service bulletins, shop manuals, used car merchandiser books, letter to dealers, inventory control pads, etc.. Most from the 1930's. Is there a market for this stuff?

Service bulletins are '39 -46 No 106 -170 a few missing
    Shop Manuals for 1935, 36, 27

Any way I have no idea what to do with it, and was hoping someone could point me to an honest person interested in the lot..

Thanks,
    Don Kupper
    dkupper@az-ta.com

It's utterly worthless, you should just send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you.

eh...

no, seriously, there's likely people here that would very much like to have the stuff, myself included. I would really like to get the service bulletins to lend to Ray F. as I believe that most of the ones you have are NOT on the CD-ROM that is available.

If you have a price in mind, drop me a line.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

It's utterly worthless, you should just send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you.

eh...

no, seriously, there's likely people here that would very much like to have the stuff, myself included. I would really like to get the service bulletins to lend to Ray F. as I believe that most of the ones you have are NOT on the CD-ROM that is available.

If you have a price in mind, drop me a line.

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Donald L. Kupper Jr
        ...and was hoping someone could point me to an honest person interested in the lot..
        THAT'S a pretty tall assignment.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Donald L. Kupper Jr
          ...and was hoping someone could point me to an honest person interested in the lot..
          THAT'S a pretty tall assignment.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

If you have the "complete" series of th e Used Car Merchandiser they are worth a nice penny........ at least they were back when I bought my set.

They are actually a lot of fun to read, as they outline some of the sleazy tactics that used to be done. How to turn back an odometer, how to use shoe polish to make rubber look better. Using Carbon tetrachloride to clean the seats, how to pop out a dented roof. Fun reading.

Comment

If you have the "complete" series of th e Used Car Merchandiser they are worth a nice penny........ at least they were back when I bought my set.

They are actually a lot of fun to read, as they outline some of the sleazy tactics that used to be done. How to turn back an odometer, how to use shoe polish to make rubber look better. Using Carbon tetrachloride to clean the seats, how to pop out a dented roof. Fun reading.

Comment

One of my favorites was how to wet sand the early paint using gasoline.

JDP/Maryland
                64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                64 GT R2
                63 Lark 2 door
                58 Scotsman
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander
                39 Coupe express
                39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

One of my favorites was how to wet sand the early paint using gasoline.

JDP/Maryland
                  64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                  64 GT R2
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  58 Scotsman
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander
                  39 Coupe express
                  39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I've heard of old-timer body guys actually insisting on doing that for a better finish. Never felt like trying it myself; just spending an afternoon playing with a carburetor is enough to give me a migraine the next morning.

nate

(and I do *WHAT* in my free time?)

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I've heard of old-timer body guys actually insisting on doing that for a better finish. Never felt like trying it myself; just spending an afternoon playing with a carburetor is enough to give me a migraine the next morning.

nate

(and I do *WHAT* in my free time?)

--
                      55 Commander Starlight
                      --
                      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Many would like to get them for as little as possible, either for their own enjoyment or to (shudder) flip them on Ebay. Without a detailed list or someone's expressed interest, my suggestion would be to do the Ebay yourself.

Brad Johnson
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Many would like to get them for as little as possible, either for their own enjoyment or to (shudder) flip them on Ebay. Without a detailed list or someone's expressed interest, my suggestion would be to do the Ebay yourself.

Brad Johnson
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Rockne10 is correct. There are quite a few people who would be interested in the service bulletins or the letters to dealers, but would not be interested in the shop manuals (except maybe for a particular model). Even if you don't want to sell individual pieces on ebay, you might do a lot better if you broke the lot up into manageable pieces. The shop manuals would be best sold individually. If you are not a member of SDC, it would be worth the $20 investment to join for one year. It would give you access to advertising in Turning Wheels, our monthly magazine. Classified ads are repeated on this site.

Skip Lackie
                            Washington DC
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Rockne10 is correct. There are quite a few people who would be interested in the service bulletins or the letters to dealers, but would not be interested in the shop manuals (except maybe for a particular model). Even if you don't want to sell individual pieces on ebay, you might do a lot better if you broke the lot up into manageable pieces. The shop manuals would be best sold individually. If you are not a member of SDC, it would be worth the $20 investment to join for one year. It would give you access to advertising in Turning Wheels, our monthly magazine. Classified ads are repeated on this site.

Skip Lackie
                              Washington DC
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X