PDA

View Full Version : '55 Rear Window replaced

Tom B
08-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks to Alstate Insurance, Michael Myer for the glass and Studebaker International for the gasket, and Richardson Glass, in Newark, Ohio, my '55 Land Cruiser is back on the road. Back glass disintegrated, and was replaced.

One more chore, one of the two brackets for the Parking Brake, bolted to the underside of the frame, became rusted and failed just before the window died. I must now fabricate a new bracket.

It doesn't seem to matter how big the picture is, this is 27 inches wide at 72 DPI. It looks better larger.

Edit. Its a good thing I don't post a lot of pictures.

warrlaw1
08-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Good for you! Nasty surprise but good outcome. My father was a scammer. We couldn't afford a colour TV but he saw one advertised, not working, for cheap so he phoned. Seller wasn't much help. He said "I plug it in and it smokes". Dad bought it, plugged it in, it smoked. He phoned the insurance company, said our TV is on fire, and they gave us a new TV. Congrats on a good outcome.

Nox
08-13-2013, 04:32 PM
I met a TV-repair man once who said "most times a TV is making problems you just have to vacuum-clean it very carefully inside & also blow out the dust, but make sure it aint connected first"...