Can you identify if this is a Starlight or Regal > 1953 Studebaker Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you identify if this is a Starlight or Regal > 1953 Studebaker Champion

Hello all, I am listing this vehicle for sale for an uncle of mine and I wanted to see if someone could tell me if this car was a starlight or regal by looking at these pictures. I do not know what features separate one from the other. Any help would be appreciated.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0127.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1740232Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0131.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1740233Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0048.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1740234Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0059.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1740235

Originally posted by kingfozz View Post
    Hello all, I am listing this vehicle for sale for an uncle of mine and I wanted to see if someone could tell me if this car was a starlight or regal by looking at these pictures. I do not know what features separate one from the other. Any help would be appreciated.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26623[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26624[/ATTACH]
    Not a starlight for sure- this would be considered a 1953 Champion Two-door Sedan- not a starlight coupe. Regal refers to the Trim Level, someone more knowledgeable than me will have to provide you with the information on that.
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Somebody spent a lot of money to bring back a 53 sedan. Hard to get $ back on a coupe. Impossible to get $ back on a sedan. As for trim level, I would guess deluxe (lower than regal). It has the windshield stainless, but not much more.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by kingfozz View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]26621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26623[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26624[/ATTACH]
        What is the asking price?
        Stu Chapman

Comment

Check that A/C out in the right window...That brings back memories...
          Tony

Comment

Welcome!
            As stated, it is definitely not a Starlight. It is a sedan, not a coupe.
            If you post the Serial Number (on the driver's door jamb) and the body plate information (on the engine side, right firewall) I will tell you a lot more about the car (model, trim, where built, etc.).
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Surely it is an optical occlusion that the hood ornament is waaay crooked !

Comment

The car looks really familiar. Old eBay post?

Comment

It's funny the guy ask if it was a Starlight or a Regal. He didn't ask for you guys to pick it to death. NO WONDER WE CAN'T GET NEW MEMBERS.

Comment

I think this is the same car that was on E-pay time and time and time again...

Comment

I don't think anyone was being too critical. The seller needs to know that a sedan will not sell for coupe prices if he is looking at a price guide. It is a beautiful car and would make a nice ride.
                      Pictures appear to have been taken at a used car lot and the seller may not have had it very long.
                      Last edited by 52-fan; 08-13-2013, 11:39 AM.
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

He just ask a simple question. I have a 2 door sedan. Does this mean it ain't worth a dam.

Comment

Means if you spent 40K on it you won't get your money back. I like the sedans. Bullet noses and C/Ks are up there in the public lust list. Sedans are great, but if you're selling one, you have to be mindful that it won't easily return the thousands it costs to keep one of these babies in fine condition.

Comment

In spite of the hood ornament being cattywhompus, I like this thing. Really classy and speaks well of what Bourke and crew were able to do and still meet management's directives.
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I don't even like green, BUT, with that funky air tunnel removed and the hood ornament straightened, I would love to have that car, and take it to shows(might even put the a/c back on for shows. LOL), cruise in's and it could share the shop with the saturday night special. O, check the number on firewall, passenger side top. Then look up Studebaker models. Its a F1 or a F3 , custom or deluxe, Regal is 5 . Here is a shot of a commander 4 dr
                              Yours should have 14G where this one has 4H and it should have either F-1 or F-3 where this one has W-5. Hope this helps

Last edited by Flashback; 08-13-2013, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X