"It Takes a Village (to own a Studebaker)"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It Takes a Village (to own a Studebaker)"

While sitting in the doctor's office today waiting for my dad's physician to finish his round of golf I was making some iPad updates on my Hawk's to-do list (delete one item, add two; you know the drill).

Anyway, for some reason I got to thinking about the various vendors and individuals who have sold me or contributed parts on that particular car. I'd wager that most of you would also have a long list of folks you either purchased or were given a part or parts that are on one of your Studes.

With apologies to anyone I may have missed, here's my list (and a big THANKS to all of them):

Steve Brown
    John Caskey
    Chuck Collins
    Eric Gohdes
    Barry Hackney
    Ted Harbit
    Phil Harris
    Bob Kabchef
    Tom Karkiewicz
    Ernie Loga
    John Polous
    Richard Quinn
    Ed Reynolds
    Jeff Rice
    Dusty Taylor
    Dave Thibeault
    Jim Turner
    Frank van Doorn
    Jack Vines
    Henry Votel
    Joe Zeiger
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Wow Bob! What a great post! Fantastic of you to acknowledge these folks. For those who have had their Studebakers as long as I (and I know some have had them much longer) the sad thing is that so many are no longer with us to thank.

Even so...we remain a very fortunate bunch to have such resources. Hopefully, others will pick up the mantel and carry on going forward. Giving them encouragement and a genuine "thank you" from time to time is the right thing to do.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It's impressive how the Studebaker family works together!

I was at a stoplight a while back, and a guy struck up a conversation. He said he knew a guy who had some Studebakers. A nice red convertible and a black and white '41 among the collection. I asked if he was talking about Frank VanDoorn (41 Frank on the forums) and he replied "Yeah! You know him?". I replied "Know him? Half the parts on this car came from him!"

We truly do have a great network of good people out there!
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Bob, you must have a whole lot better records or memory than I have, if you remember all those helpful people!

I think in my case there must be hundreds, especially if I include a lot of good mostly non-SDC eBay sellers.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There are six there I have not acquired things from. But my list would include Harold and Sara Hendricks, Bobby Lau and Don Moses.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
          X