Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been a while since I've posted about my Stude.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while since I've posted about my Stude.

Life is slowly coming back into my 1966 Commander. She is finaly licensed, and has been treating me well.
    Recently my speedometer cable's core broke :/ But easy fix, I'm working on her now.
    New tie rod ends were rather simple to install, just kinda hard to get the old ones loose at first.

Here are a number of pictures:
    Old tie rods:

And the new:

Here are the connectors.
    One cleaned, one dirty.

Both clean:

And some polishing:
    Door before:

Door After:

The back end.
    Last edited by '66Commander; 08-12-2013, 09:50 AM. Reason: Added wrong picture ;D

Good stuff! Having acquired a '66 Commander fairly recently as well, it's good to see another one on the "road" to regular use.
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Looks to have the makins of an excellent driver. Enjoy

Comment

Nice looking Car, is that a Commander 194, or 230 "6" or 283 V8?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Great car! My 66 is an all original and now sporting 24,000 miles. I keep it garage always except when out on cruises and Studebaker events, only because I know in due time the paint on mine will be looking thin also and Im doing my best to prevent that. Tom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
            Good stuff! Having acquired a '66 Commander fairly recently as well, it's good to see another one on the "road" to regular use.
            Thats awesome. Is it the one in your signature?

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            Looks to have the makins of an excellent driver. Enjoy
            Thanks

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Nice looking Car, is that a Commander 194, or 230 "6" or 283 V8?
            Its a 194 straight 6.
            When I first saw it it surprised me, I didn't know that engines were built like that.
            Then again, I wasn't really big into cars until a couple of years ago.

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
            Great car! My 66 is an all original and now sporting 24,000 miles. I keep it garage always except when out on cruises and Studebaker events, only because I know in due time the paint on mine will be looking thin also and I'm doing my best to prevent that. Tom
            Thats amazing. Mine is has around the same mileage. The speedometer wasn't working for who knows how long, but on July 21st I broke 20,000. I'm hoping the previous owners didn't drive it much, the Master Cylinder went out forever ago and no one replaced it.
            Eventually I'm going to repaint it. I am tossed between the original Mount Royal Red, or Glossy Black.

Comment

Originally posted by '66Commander View Post
              That's awesome. Is it the one in your signature?
              Thanks
              Yes it is. Here is a better picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1683242
              It's a 230/automatic - only other options are a horn ring and full disc wheel covers. It's a driver but needs quite a bit of TLC to be a show car.
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
                Yes it is. Here is a better picture. [ATTACH=CONFIG]26639[/ATTACH]
                It's a 230/automatic - only other options are a horn ring and full disc wheel covers. It's a driver but needs quite a bit of TLC to be a show car.
                She's beautiful. Mine is in the same boat. It's driving, but not quite show car. But I might bring it anyway. The Last car show I went to there were only two Studebakers. One was rat-roded, the other was a bullet nose. But they left before I even got the chance to see it
                So hopefully I'll spread the word of Studebaker.

Comment

Working...
                X