PDA

View Full Version : Electrical: GT Hawk rear wiring harness location

christophe
08-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Hello folks,

I made some work on my rear wiring harness which was a real mess. The wires between the tailights are obviously not original and just lie under the trunk carpet. Graham Gagne told me that, possibly, the original harness was running under the car. Could someone confirm the original route of these wires?
Thanks by advance and nice day to all.

41 Frank
08-12-2013, 09:43 AM
The wiring to the taillights on your Hawk is correct as it is where it originally was located, inside on the trunk floor sort of up against the rear vertical part where the trunk lock striker is located.

christophe
08-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi Frank,
Thanks for the quick reply. What bothers me is that there are no visible means of attachment. Are the wires supposed to run freely and loosely under the carpet?

41 Frank
08-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Christophe, mine have always just laid there under the trunk mat, they may have been clipped to the rear portion of the trunk at one time, but this is the way I bought the car 22 years ago.

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the quick reply. What bothers me is that there are no visible means of attachment. Are the wires supposed to run freely and loosely under the carpet?

christophe
08-12-2013, 11:05 AM
The parts manual mentions one trunk opening clip but I can't help thinking that this is not enough to empeach wandering wires.

Paul Keller
08-13-2013, 04:18 PM
The wires on my '63 are also loose under the mat and are too short to even reach the one clip provided.
Paul TK

christophe
08-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Paul, thanks for the info. Where is located the clip? In the middle, I suppose.