first cruise in since car finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first cruise in since car finished

took the 56 to its first cruise in since being up on blocks working on it 2 years ago to the brockport ny arts festival car show yesterday. alot of people liked it and took pictures of it. made joe feel good and it made all the husband-less on his days off on mondays he took off to work on it, worthwhile to me to see him get many good reviews from classic car fans. there is some satisfacation when you do all the work yourself and people like it. was alot of hard work for him and and two years of working most of the day on his car on his only day off. hes a husband to be proud of and a dedicated hard worker when he sets his minds to projects. hes taking a few mondays off and then he can continue to work on my 66 scotty serro camper. the inside of it is gutted out anyhow, that was done last mon.. next year after that is done, the 58l packard will get done. people say things about our packard not being done for awhile, these people need to realize these things are not an overnight project. alot of man hours go into the work of fixing and restoring cars and being he is doing all the work entirely himself and only has mondays off, i think these people should give him a little slack i would say, dont you think???? vacation is coming up for him the end of this month, time to get some r&r joe after taking a couple of years for the 56, you earned it!

That's great! It's always good to get acknowledgement for hard work. My philosophy an my current project is it will be ready when it's ready. Sounds like your husband is a talented guy.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by studebakerjoe View Post
      .... people need to realize these things are not an overnight project.....
      Congratulations on getting that car back on the road. Post a picture when you can.

As far as "those people" ....remember...A job done too fast...is usually HALF-FAST (repeat it quickly three times.)
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

congrats for the all hard work! but, not only to him - to you also for your support of your husband's work!!! that's something i didn't have...
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

And just where are the photos???
          Any post like this "should" have photos included! <G>

Always a great feeling to get them back on the road!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Congratulations! I just had my '64 Daytona (note - Commander trim) in its first two "cruise nights" in recent weeks. Ironic that I would be positioned between a '57 Chevy and a '65 Mustang at my first show.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0713131629.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1683220
            Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0803131807.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1683221
            Mine hit the 3 year mark before getting on the road. I got similar reaction to yours. People seemed to just appreciate seeing it regardless that up close it isn't too pretty. Enjoy the ride!

Tom
            Last edited by wittsend; 08-11-2013, 05:58 PM.
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

thanks guys- i wasnt perfect in standing behind him, not all the time, i had my moments. he works six days a week for 65 hours a week and his day off was all day out in the garage, i did have some tough times not seeing much of my husband, but when i heard nice remarks at the cruise in over and over though i would do it all over again. i know it made his heart happy and if my husband is happy, then im happy. he works very hard and in earnest when he works on his projects, hey it keeps him out of trouble heh heh. at least he isnt out somewhere else doing wrong things. hes a great guy, he has a good reputation as a kind and honest ase tech, and has many loyal customers. i married a gem when i married him and not just because i am his wife, but he is highly skilled in fixing cars with over twenty years of experience, not counting that before he worked as a professional ase tech he tinkered on cars since the age of 12. i admire him for his perserverance and his dedication of spending his only day off on his projects when he could be just sitting around. today we are driving my lark- im taking it off the road today- to see a studebaker for sale near here. everyone has been telling us about it so the curiousity is getting the best of us. lark is being put up for the season. my lark is going into the downstairs garage and my scotty serro is being put in the garage so he can work on it in all kinds of weather. hes never restored a camper, this ought to be interesting. im sure he can do it though, hes a smart man with a keen sharp eye for detail and i have faith and confidence he can do it.

Comment

just a postscript there are pictures lalready on this forum of the car

Comment

Working...
                X