Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the penalty for studebaker abuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the penalty for studebaker abuse?

Just kidding.But this e bay Studebaker ad is a little different...

Well...if the story is true...the effort put into the ad sales pretty much reflects the efforts put in preserving the car. Unfortunately, the quality of vinyl put in cars back in 1962, the interior could have split, drawn, and cracked even if it was sheltered from the sun. (and not just Studebaker)

The car looks complete, even if it's not completely assembled. That badly kinked hood tells that it has a less than stellar history. The suspect rear quarters also make it unlikely that the car spent its road time in that part of the country. I also saw Hawks in 1978 that already looked that beat up and worn out. Looking at the seller's number of sales with a 100% positive feedback, is promising. Also, his starting bid is not that of an unreasonable "dreamer."

Anyone who has skills, resources, is looking for a challenging project, and takes pride in showing off unbelievable "Before and After" pictures...could have a real diamond in the rough here.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
      Anyone who has skills, resources, is looking for a challenging project, and takes pride in showing off unbelievable "Before and After" pictures...could have a real diamond in the rough here.
      Not to mention, taking that "Left Toyn at Alber-koykee"!

Craig

Comment

I guess after all those years he forgot how to open the hood as well...

Comment

Tony58; What is the penalty for vehicle abuse? In reading your heading and then looking at your content, I blushed with shame. I stand accused of the crime of willful neglect and it haunts me today.

In my younger days in 1962, I bought a 1930 Marquette, model 30-37 sedan off a local used car lot. One owner, 36,000 miles, a very nice used car. I used the car for many AACA activities through the rest of the '60s and for much of the 70s. But after marrying in 1969 and soon with three children, a new home, and a new fascination with Studebakers, I put the car into a garage in the late 1980s. As the years have added years to me, medical problems, two moves, and a lot of Studebakering, the Marquette was neglected.

I visited it several weeks ago and I am ashamed. I lay awake at night now and ask, "Why?" Your title statement needs an answer.

Frank Drumheller
          Locust Grove, VA
          60S-W6
          M16-52 48 Studebaker-Boyer fire truck

Comment

Originally posted by studelark View Post
            Tony58; What is the penalty for vehicle abuse? In reading your heading and then looking at your content, I blushed with shame. I stand accused of the crime of willful neglect and it haunts me today.

In my younger days in 1962, I bought a 1930 Marquette, model 30-37 sedan off a local used car lot. One owner, 36,000 miles, a very nice used car. I used the car for many AACA activities through the rest of the '60s and for much of the 70s. But after marrying in 1969 and soon with three children, a new home, and a new fascination with Studebakers, I put the car into a garage in the late 1980s. As the years have added years to me, medical problems, two moves, and a lot of Studebakering, the Marquette was neglected.

I visited it several weeks ago and I am ashamed. I lay awake at night now and ask, "Why?" Your title statement needs an answer.

Frank Drumheller
            Locust Grove, VA
            60S-W6
            M16-52 48 Studebaker-Boyer fire truck
            Hi,my name is Tony and I'm also guilty of Studebaker abuse.I had a '53' Starliner coupe I drove 3-4 years thru high school and never changed the oil.I'II make it up on the next one though...

Comment

Is there a 12 step program for this abuse?
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

That poor, poor car.

I think it's interesting that the ground cable is apparently run to the rocker cover. Not sure I've ever seen that, but hey, whatever grounds the car, right?
                '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Looks like he bent the hood closing it, not opening it. The car is going to need a lot more love than i can give it.
                  101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I might be wrong, but the 'looks' solid.
                    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Neglect. cheers jimmijim
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Sparse ad. Didn't even mention if manual or automatic, that I could see. But the starting bid is realistic.
                        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Pictures clearly show its a regular column-shift Flightomatic.

Craig

Comment

Maybe a 1,500.00 car, if so, it could make a good start for someone at that price.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
                              Maybe a 1,500.00 car, if so, it could make a good start for someone at that price.

Mark
                              Or a great parts car...

Comment

Working...
                              X