• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 GT Hawk with just 8400 miles in Modesto, CA

Price is reasonable if all checks out.

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Wow Pat, that,s a pretty car and I agree the price is right if it is what they say it is. Wish I had $$$$.

Mark

Comment

....check out the green interior paint, the center console, the steering wheel, the dash cap and what's that under the radio ? A V8 chevron ?????

Comment

Good eye, Jack. My car is all black (as per original) except for the interior windshield surrounds and steering column/wheel which are still that Studebaker "greige". Don't know if they changed that for the GT but it doesn't quite look Studebaker to me.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Very worth the price if it checks out to be true.Next to some of the $15000.00-$30000 rust buckets I've looked at since April its a steal...

Comment

Somebody was very creative in the interior with green paint and a piece of white vinyl on the dashboard. I think the seats may have been reupholstered. I am doubtful of the 8400 mile claim.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Nice car but I agree. Highly doubtful that is the correct mileage. When the entire interior was redone, they could have added an NOS speedo or, more likely, it has 108,000 miles.

Comment

The ad initially identified it as a 62, but has been corrected. That's good, since its its a 63, but indicates the seller is not very familiar with the car.

The only thing from 62 are the headlight rings, which have almost certainly been swapped with the originals.

The front bumper looks to have been replaced, due to the location of the bumper guards. Most all GTs came without bumper guards, and when dealer installed, they were located several inches outboard of where those are.

Looks like an instrument guage mounted to the bottom of the dash, just below the cigarette lighter.

Someone has installed wood-grain material over the aluminum strips in the door panels, where the armrests mount.

The green console cover matches the upper, pleated portion of the door panels, and both are likely original. But the console body and seat covers are a different color; more blue, which indicates they have likely been replaced.

It looks like a very nice, well preserved car, but I'd guess the odometer had rolled over prior to 1989, and the car was refurbished about then.
                Last edited by JoeHall; 08-10-2013, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Be nice if he put an under hood picture up there, age shows up quickly where there is so much heat applied to everything. Or, maybe that is the reason he didn't

Comment

The seats have been re-done, look at the inconsistant width of the pleats, not to mention the color is wrong and all the other things that others have written about. Nice car though, but would take many more photos before I could be interested at that high price.

Dave.
                    Last edited by dtracy; 08-10-2013, 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Lot's of interesting observations about this car. Has anyone made any attempts to actually get a close and personal look at the car?....Just a thought.
                      Patrick Sammon

Comment

Working...
                      X