No announcement yet.

rubber seal between door and interrior door removable window frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: rubber seal between door and interrior door removable window frame

Ok, I do not know what this piece of rubber is called. It isn't the "door seal" (door to bady). It is a piece of rubber that is in between the door frame and the removable interrior window frame piece.

Is this enough information? What is this rubbed called and is it available anywhere for the 1940 commander sedan?

I am replacing two windors (rear door windows) and started to disassemble the door interrior and saw the remnants of a rubber seal around the part of the window frame that comes off. there was very little of this material left, but it appears that it was a cushion around the removable metal wandow frame so it wasn't direct to metal with the door itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

It almost sounds like you are describing the "Window Run" or "Cat Whiskers", but that part is not rubber. Does it appear there may have been a whisker or brush like material on it at one time and it just wore off? If you have a catalog from Studebaker International go to the pages that show window run/seal material. There are drawings showing were each piece is installed. You may be able to match up the material with it's location that way.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Nope, this is a simple rubber "gasket" that was between the window frame and the door itself... liek cushion between the 2 metal pieces.

I have ordered new "u" channel all around and the material you describe too for all windows... (the 40 stude had wool guides) it is a strip at the bottom of the window to guide it and keep it from rattleing.. I forget the name of it, but that isn't the piece I mean.

I call a couple places and they want me to take a pic and send it to them. I will be doing that today.

Comment

Working...
      X