1955 President State Newby Lots of ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 President State Newby Lots of ??

Hi everyone my name is Barry I'm Michelle s pops {what she calls me} We started thinking about another project since the Lark is about finished. I found the 55 on C/L Betty and I took a look yesterday She fell in love So I guess the 4 of us will be starting a new project my only big problem is the windshield. If anyone has a suggestion on where to get on I'd appreciate it. I've watched Michelle turn to you fine folks many times so here I am asking.
    Thanks, Barry

Welcome Barry, Is this a flat glass or curved? That it is a "State" may tell the answer but I and I am sure others dont know. There is a 55 sedan parts car locally. Not sure if the shield is good or not. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Good on you for saving that car. There are a few year and model windshield that fit your car. Don't be overly anxious to buy a new one cause there are a lot of used ones available if that would suit ya.. Hang in there and someone will chime in with the years and model names, and possibly a specimine. {what you have is an ULTRA-VISTA 4 door} <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< second series 55 wrap around windshield. cheers jimmijim
      Last edited by jimmijim8; 08-09-2013, 05:26 AM.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Thanks guys, I was hoping there'd be more than 1 year. The glass is curved. For everyone who looked at the car on C/L. The bondo patch on the driver side rear door is just a very thin coat no dent. I thought it was a little strange.

Comment

Good for you Pops, I hope to see you guys driving it around in Northern California!
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
            Good for you Pops, I hope to see you guys driving it around in Northern California!
            I figure in about a year you will. By the way the valve covers say Passmaster in gold script? Also the shift seems to be super close ratio??

Comment

If "candbstudebakers" doesn't get on here soon, check with him.
              He's near Sacramento and has helped many people with many parts for many years.
              You can send a private message through the site.
              I'm glad you got that 55.
              I have a thing for 4 doors.
              I have 3 and a half of them [2-56's and 1 1/2-55's] and don't need another but I lusted after that one anyway.
              Please post pictures as you progress, you did a great job on the Lark.
              South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Congrats on your purchase. I too have 4 door vehicles one of which is a '55 President (Deluxe). I bought my replacement windshield from Vic Phillips last years and still have not put it in. Studebaker International and other vendors can supply the rubber (gasket) which probably should be replaced when replacing the windshield. I take it that your car has standard transmission. I found that shifting gears in mine is not a smooth as I would like. My friend says my legs are too short and I don't put the clutch in far enough but I too have made adjustments on the linkage and replaced parts so it is not just short legs. I also keep an eye on the fluid level in the transmission (I use mineral oil - Dentex 80W90).
                Good luck with your project. Lots of help and advise from this forum and lots of benefits from being a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club.
                sigpic
                55 President Deluxe
                64 Commander
                66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

If it is an automatic, it's probably a DG250 with second gear start. A short shift between start out (2nd) and 3rd is adjustable at the linkage between tranny and the carb. If it starts in 1st then shifts quickly to 2nd, that's a DG200 with first gear start and normal. They like to wind out in second if you keep the pedal to the metal. Your "Passmaster" means 259 with a four barrel carb and dual exhausts. Nice car.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

If its a DG250, they were all M series in '55, first gear start. Usually its just enough to get you rolling, but I believe the vehicle under discussion is an OD model. At least my '55 Land Cruiser, (second series) is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                      If its a DG250, they were all M series in '55, first gear start. Usually its just enough to get you rolling, but I believe the vehicle under discussion is an OD model. At least my '55 Land Cruiser, (second series) is.
                      Three speed OD. I haven't seen the OD handle sticking out from under the dash for a LONG while.

Its great to be part of the forum!

Comment

Working...
                      X