Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, you think you're the next Ian Fleming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, you think you're the next Ian Fleming?

I'm not the seller, just saw this and thought it looks a lot like a certain novelist's car;

I'm not sure the interior is the right colour but it looks good enough to pause and say, "Who gives a rat's patootie!?

Did you know that in addition to the James Bond stories, he wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Comment

R-2 with a 140 mph speedo???
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

That is about the most perfect, correct, Original Maroon Regal Interior we've seen in a very long time. -Rose, NO!

It is a very nice Car, the 46,000 looks possible.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          R-2 with a 140 mph speedo???

All Avantis came standard with 140 mph speedometers at first. It wasn't until partway through the production run that non-R1's began being equipped with 160 mph units.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by GinettaG12P View Post
            Did you know that in addition to the James Bond stories, he wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
            Indeed Tom, he's a rather interesting fellow! Much more there than just a writer of spy thrillers.

On another note, I wasn't making comment on the correctness of the interior of car regarding production authenticity, just in regards to what Mr. Fleming ordered. Which raises a question, what was the interior colour scheme in Ian Fleming's car? All the pics I've seen are in black and white

Cheers,

Ken
            Last edited by spokejr; 08-09-2013, 06:43 PM. Reason: additional thoughts

Comment

This is a NICE Studebaker Avanti!

Comment

Originally posted by spokejr View Post
                Which raises a question, what was the interior colour scheme in Ian Fleming's car? All the pics I've seen are in black and white
                Cheers,
                Ken
                From the photos, it looks like his seats were black...not maroon/red. What's funny is the April 1963 article reproduced in the Brookland's excellent Avanti Limited Edition Extra magazine compilation book feels the need to explain who he is. It describes his James Bond books as "Britain's answer to Perry Mason". Wow, probably the first and only time someone made that comment. The article came from "Sporting Motorist" magazine...which I'm not familiar with. Canadian?
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                X