Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tissue Box Availability for the 1962 and later box

Hi All,

I have the AC 3154 box and was wondering whether tissues are still produced in this size?

I seem to recall previous discussion re: Kleenex size "X" but am not sure.

Probably best to have the unit as a display piece in any case, but should anyone know could you please advise accordingly.

Many thanks
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

This thread might help:

Comment

Thx Leo much appreciated.
      John Clements

Comment

You're welcome. I had to do a search myself, as I have the dispenser with the original box, unopened, and I wasn't sure I wanted to open the box if I could easily find a substitute.

Comment

I don't think the original size box is available here in OZ, I'll install the box in my car when it arrives back from repairs and modifications and keep it as a display unit.

Perhaps Matthew Burnette could provide details on the size etc. of the box he pictured in his message and maybe we could inquire from Kimberly-Clark whether they still make that size.
          John Clements

Comment

I recall someone saying the tissues placed in rooms in hospitals were close.
            Jim
            Often in error, never in doubt
            http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
              I don't think the original size box is available here in OZ, I'll install the box in my car when it arrives back from repairs and modifications and keep it as a display unit.

Perhaps Matthew Burnette could provide details on the size etc. of the box he pictured in his message and maybe we could inquire from Kimberly-Clark whether they still make that size.
              That would be the route I might take. That or, get a regular box that fits lengthwise, at least, and cut down the top to fit inside the container.

Comment

i'm curious if the "post-'62" tissue boxes are the same size as the one in my '51.

the dimensions of the tissue box that would fit inside should be close to 10" wide, 4 1/2" deep and 2" tall - give or take a 1/4" or so. this is the only pic i have that shows the tissue box:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0830.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1683208
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

That's identical with mine, will have to look at cleaning supply stores, though I think it's fine as a display (not used) item.
                  John Clements

Comment

The one that I had is the one now in Corvanti's '51 coupe.

I never liked the tissue box in that car. Darn thing rattled too much.

Comment

Thanks Matt, The later version is attached to the floor via Velcro, should be quiet (smile).
                      John Clements

Comment

tissues are the same as hotel dispenser-type...

Comment

Thx, will look around.
                          John Clements

Comment

The hotels I stay at don't have the right size box. I travel with a drawing and tape measure & have not found one yet. The new smaller boxes will fit & you can't tell it is not correct until you swing it open. A small block of wood will keep the smaller box from sliding around. The box in mine measurers 2x10x4.75 and was in my 1953 coupe when I bought it in 1963.

Comment

The best thing to do I feel is keep the unopened original box in the unit and have a modern box on the rear seat. Will have to inquire at Kimberly-Clark's local office and see what they say.

Many thanks all.
                              John Clements

Comment

Working...
                              X