Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1740156

to here:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1363.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1740157

frame on.... Not sure if it was undercoat, tar, asphalt, caked oil and mud or all of the above. But it took man days to get that cr&^&p off with the needle scaler and wire brushes! Once in a while it's good to look back to see how far you've come.

Must've thought it would wear out if it wasn't well protected.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Big mistake ! You have removed the "Studebaker undercoating" as Jack V. recently coined that coating in the first pic

Comment

Hehehe, well, as these cars go, every once in awhile you have to remove the 50 years of grease changes and road sediment, so you can start anew, and at least see the grease zerks and the frame underneath! Very nice!!
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I am experiencing a certain amount of that on my Conestoga. That Idaho dust turned to very stubborn clay when mixed with oil and water and allowed to bake and age. I doubt mine will ever look as nice as yours.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

The frame was a quick make ready with the Power Washer followed by the wire brush on an angle grinder.... 3 hours from frame off the car to coated with Master Series silver primer sealer. The differential was man days removing that asphalitic concrete. The localized nature of the crap makes me believe the source was aged blow by engine oil soaked dirt.

The shine is brush applied Master Series frame black. MS is the consistency of water and very self leveling. I like it far more than Por 15 because of coverage, ease of application and price.

Comment

Working...
            X