Looking For a Shop Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For a Shop Manual

I've tried the Search function on here, but it keeps inserting a comma into what I'm looking for, and I get a lot of garbage. HOW do I find a 56 Shop manual on here? I've looked on ebay, but I think I could do better here from the folks that DRIVE Studebakers. Is there anything on the Web that's downloadable?...

Have you tried the Stude people ?

A quick hit into Studebaker International pulled up a couple.

Mike

Comment

They are available from many Stude vendors both paper and electronic. My preference is for an original (often found on eBay, sometimes at swap meets) as the illustrations are a little sharper. I haven't tried the electronic versions.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

The electronic version was a PITA to use. I bought repro's after trying to use one for a couple of jobs. Steve
        sigpic

Comment

I have the electronic version on CD from Studebaker International. Cost was very reasonable and it included not only the Shop Manual but also the Body Parts and the Chassis Parts catalogs. It is fully indexed, I simply find the pages I need, then I can print and carry them to the garage when I need to.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Tony,
            If you are hoping to find a freeware copy on the web, it's not there.
            As indicated, for about $20 you can get a CD-ROM with the shop manual, chassis parts catalog, body parts catalog and owners manual from several of our fine vendors. They can also sell you hard print copies for substantially more.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              If you are hoping to find a freeware copy on the web, it's not there.
              That's not entirely true.
              There was a PDF copy of the '56 (and '57/8 supplement) repair manual and parts books on that Packard site.
              I have not been there in a while. They had TONS of cool books and stuff- but only for the 'PackardBaker' years.

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I know yours is a Sky Hawk, but www.1956goldenhawk.com is also an excellent resource.

Craig

Comment

Bruce Kerslake in Vancouver, WA had several '56 shop manuals last time I saw him. Priced reasonable and will ship. email bands (at) sysmatrik (dot) net
                  Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Mike Van Veghten - THANK you for the Studebaker International Site. I had NO idea that someplace like that existed for the Studebakers...

Comment

Here is a good site http://www.studebaker-info.org/

And this is good as well '

Bill H
                      Daytona Beach
                      SDC member since 1970
                      Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
                        Mike Van Veghten - THANK you for the Studebaker International Site. I had NO idea that someplace like that existed for the Studebakers...
                        This makes me think that you do not belong to the Studebaker Drivers Club. You can join from this site for only $24 for the first year. You will get a monthly 68 page, shiny cover, magazine with vendors, ads, history, etc. SDC also pays for this Forum.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I thought my manual covered a 56 for the shop, but it doesn't. Not even close. =( Sad Panda.
                          www.spannerbird.com
                          Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
                            Tony,
                            All Studebaker subjects on the internet begin at the base of the tree and flow through its massive branches. Have you started at the heart?
                            A large selection of Studebaker vendors is just one of the many sub-links to be found in the "Resources" and "Valuable Links" from the SDC main home page. Even this forum is just a small twig of the Studebaker web site. Take a tour, explore, wander aimlessly and see what our SDC dues supplies.

Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                            X